VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Full C Drive

Full C Drive was created by Bruce Man

Posted 25 Sep 2016 10:13 #1
My C Drive is almost full but my D Drive has lots of room. Is there any way to make my C drive bigger by using some of the D drive? Thank you in advance. Bruce Man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Full C Drive

Posted 25 Sep 2016 12:30 #2
Hi Bruce Man

Have you moved ALL the default data folders onto the D-drive.
When you have two drives, make sure that Music, Pictures, Documents, Videos, Downloads are all addressed to the D-drive.
In my tutorial for how to install Windows 10, I showed how to change the defaults.
Watch this video and go directly to 18:20 minute mark.

Another thing you can do is install CCleaner "free version" and run a scan to remove all old crap off the drive.
www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

In the CLEANER section, turn ON all areas for analysis - especially for System and Advanced.
The ONLY thing I recommend you DON'T DO with this program, is Wipe Free Space.
This can be dangerous and takes hours to complete.
Everything else is safe to do, when the Hard Drive is bursting with crap.

If you upgraded from Windows 7 or 8 to version 10, you can also delete the old version of Windows.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2016 12:31 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Man

Replied by Bruce Man on topic Full C Drive

Posted 26 Sep 2016 08:53 #3
Thanks Derek
I will try this first thing in the morning. I appreciate your help. I Just downloaded Vegas 14 and I'm dying to give it a try. Are you going to be doing any videos on Vegas Pro 14.
Bruce Man

Posted 26 Sep 2016 10:37 #4
I am beginning work on my review today, for VP14.
Will upload ASAP.

There are other extra things you can also try to make room on your C-Drive, if you don't clear some room with CCleaner.
Make sure to report back.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Bruce Man on topic Full C Drive

Posted 28 Sep 2016 11:13 #5
Hi
I moved the files and used the CCleaner but that didn't solve anything. So having everything backed up I decided to do a clean install of windows 10. (When I installed windows 10 before it just installed itself when my computer updated one night.) Also when I downloaded vegas pro 14 Saturday my computer did an automatic update at the same time and I think that is what caused my problem in the first place. So now everything is reinstalled and working fine. The clean install idea was the ticket to solve most of my issues, It's even running faster than before, So thank you for linking that video to me. Althought the other ideas didn't work, it was the clean install that helped me the the most. With regards to my C and D drive My daughters husband has a friend who is the IT guy for the company he works for. He said he will solve my C drive space problem for me.
I am looking forward to your up coming reveiw video on Vegas pro 14. I'm interested as to what you think of it.
That er easy
Bruce
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 28 Sep 2016 11:27 #6
Thanks for the report back :)

Because you have performed a clean install, there is no need for me to tell you further instructions about removing garbage from C-drive.
What would have happened, is you had TWO versions of Windows on same drive.
At an absolute minimum, that would have been at least 20 to 40 GBs of unnecessary data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bruce Man

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.799 seconds