VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Graphics Cards For Movie Studio 14

• Treff
  • Treff's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

Graphics Cards For Movie Studio 14 was created by Treff

Posted 14 Oct 2017 02:11 #1
I'm new to Forum. Thanks Derek for referring me.

I have an OPTIPLEX 9010 tower: 3.4 Gigahertz; Intel Core i7-3770; 64bit, Multi-core (4).

I'm not sure of what graphics card to use. I was looking at: Gigabyte-GeForce-Graphic-Cards-GV-N75TD5-2GI

Any comments appreciated!

Thanks!

Treff, Spokane, WA, USA
by Treff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Graphics Cards For Movie Studio 14

Posted 14 Oct 2017 09:07 #2
Hi Treff and welcome to the MSZ Forum
I have moved your question into the Computer Hardware sub-forum.

That Graphics Card is an Nvidia GTX 750 ti - this is an OK budget Graphics Card.
It has 640x Cuda Cores - this is what I always looks at when comparing GPUs, because then you get an idea of it's processing power.
When it comes to graphics cards, always get the best you can afford.

The equivalent GPU in the latest models is a GTX 1050 ti.
It has 768x Cuda Cores.
www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1050/

Then when you look at a GTX 1060, it has 1280x Cuda Cores.
www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1060/

At the moment, all modern Graphics Card can't help to speed up rendering in Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum.
Magix is working on adding support for this, but I don't know when we will see it added to the program.
Support for Nvidia cards has now been added to Vegas Pro 15 and support for AMD Radeon cards is meant to be coming soon.
My guess is that proper support for Nvidia cards will arrive when Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum is released.

However, the graphics card you are looking at will still work to improve playback performance in the Preview Window while you are editing and also help with any Video FX and plugins that use GPU Acceleration, like most Vegas FX and things like NewBlueFX and Titler programs.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Oct 2017 09:07 by DoctorZen

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Graphics Cards For Movie Studio 14

Posted 15 Oct 2017 14:14 #3
Hi Treff, and Welcome!

Just a quick note for you concerning the video card and your machine. Checked, and saw that if I searched correctly, you have a Dell Optiplex 9010, which would also happen to be a "Small Form Factor - SFF" case, with a Micro ATX (mATX) motherboard. According to what I found, your Power Supply is rated at 275W. This would happen to limit the type of card you can put into your PC, both size and power requirements. The two our Great Doc Zen recommended should work. Just do your "due diligence" and prior to purchase, check the cards manufacturer site, NewEgg, MicroCenter, Fry's Electronics, etc., to see what, if any additional power requirements the card needs. Example, a GTX 1080Ti gets power from the PCI-e slot, and also requires Two (2) 8 Pin PCI-e additional connections. My GTX 1080 and 1070 cards, only require One (1), and other cards may require a Six (6) Pin and/or additional power. Having worked previously with Hewlett-Packard machines, and older Dell OptiPlex's at the School District, the included power supply was "Severely" limited with additional connectors, and if they did have one, it was a 6 Pin connector. If you are running Windows 10, I would "steer" you towards the 1050Ti, Windows 7 or 8/8.1 - the 750Ti. Of course, there is always the option of an AMD RX 550, 560 or 570.

Here's one from Newegg: Gigabyte RX 560 . And, it does not require any extra power connections.

Hope this helps.

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan

"Miss being in Everett aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) - Ship I retired from". Made a lot of trips to the "Old" CompUSA store just North of Seattle there for all my computing needs!
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by akshat1984 on topic Graphics Cards For Movie Studio 14

Posted 15 May 2018 23:04 #4
I would suggest you to go for either GeForce GT 1030 or GTX 1050. You may check them at
graphicscardhub.com/best-geforce-gt-1030/
graphicscardhub.com/best-gtx-1050/

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.770 seconds