VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Boot-up issues

Boot-up issues was created by NashvilleSideStreets

Posted 19 Oct 2022 07:19 #1
"I shoot/broadcast using Telestream Wirecast Pro 15.0.1 (141.91ebf6c8) and I'm editing with Vegas Pro 19 Build 643. Below is my system info. I'm having several problems that I'm hoping y'all can give me a clue whether each problem is caused by hardware or software issues.
  1. Occasionally, tho getting more frequent, all switches are on and connections are good but the computer does not boot up at all. I can force it by turning the power switch off, then back on, but this shouldn't be happening. Could this be anything but a hardware issue? Any clue?
  2. Occasionally the computer boots up but goes directly to the BIOS settings screen where I don't make any changes, click Save and Exit, then normal boot-up resumes. Also shouldn't happen--any clue here?
  3. I understand this is a forum for Vegas users, so I apologize if this is inappropriate here, in which case I would like suggestions as to where to ask: My Wirecast software seems to work alright, except that it doesn't always recognize my cameras. Again all switches are on and all connections are good. I have done lots of testing, using the process of elimination, but to no avail---hardware or software issue? Any clue?
System info:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz   4.01 GHz64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition     Windows 10 ProVersion     21H2Installed on      ‎6/‎6/‎2020OS build    19044.2006Experience  Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 4 cores8 logical processors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Boot-up issues

Posted 19 Oct 2022 12:06 #2
It sounds like one component in your computer is dying.
Which component that is, is the Million dollar question.

1. Power Supply
2. RAM (Memory)
3. Hard Drive or SSD (Solid State Drive)
4. Motherboard

Any one of the above components could be causing your problem/s.
In my personal experience and working with other people's computers, a faulty Hard Drive and/or SSD would be the first thing I would look at.
If the C-Drive which has Windows 10 on it is dying, that would explain the computer not booting correctly and only going to the BIOS.
Mechanical HDDs normally die slowly, but then suddenly stop working.

What type of drive is your C-Drive ?
HDD or SSD ?
Buy a new drive first and swap it out.
You will then have to reinstall Windows 10 and all your programs.
Make sure to do full backup of any data that is on the C-Drive, before removing from computer.

I know nothing about Wirecast.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by NashvilleSideStreets on topic Boot-up issues

Posted 20 Oct 2022 14:26 #3
Our drive is SSD and THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your suggestions, we will try them all. It's got to be hard to make a diagnosis from the other side of the globe.......

Posted 20 Oct 2022 18:05 #4
How old is the SSD ?
Do you only have Windows 10 and your programs installed on this SSD or do your have Documents and Videos on it as well ?
If you have been storing Videos on the same drive and doing lots of editing, this will contribute to eventual read/write failure.

SSD's do have a shelf life - especially the older models.
There is only so many times you can read and write data, before failures begin.
On my own computer, I use the SSD for Windows and my Programs only.
All Documents, Videos, Pictures are stored on separate HDDs.

There are diagnosis tests you can do for RAM, SSDs and HDDs - Google search for instructions.
However, I have found these tests rarely show up problems, even when there is an actual problem.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by NashvilleSideStreets on topic Boot-up issues

Posted 24 Oct 2022 15:20 #5
Sorry for the delayed response--I haven't been getting notified when a reply is posted. Thought I checked that box to be notified....Our SSD drive is about 10 yrs. old, that's  probably ancient. I only have Windows 10 and I store pictures and videos on an external hard drive. I could probably clean more stuff off my SSD tho, and maybe put a few more programs to sleep. I am considering having a geek come over and shorten the time it would take me to figure all the issues out.
I really appreciate all your help. Thanks again!

Posted 27 Oct 2022 18:24 #6
A Ten Year old SSD would be at the end of it's life.
You need to buy a New SSD !

The forum is setup to automatically subscribe you to receive email notifications.
Make sure the forum notifications are not going to your SPAM / JUNK mail folder.
Last Edit:28 Feb 2023 17:36 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.749 seconds