VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Mve Studio 12 Platnum not regognizing my video card.

Mve Studio 12 Platnum not regognizing my video card. was created by targa912

Posted 29 Dec 2014 12:39 #1
I have a NVIDIA GTS 240 video card in my 8100 Dell. Lost my hard drive. Installed a new one and now the 240 is not recognized in the GPU setting. The card was recognized with the old hard drive. Is something not set correctly with the new hard drive?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Mve Studio 12 Platnum not regognizing my video card.

Posted 29 Dec 2014 21:12 #2
So I am guessing when you say "lost my hard drive", there was only one drive in your computer and it went kapoop :woohoo: :sick:
Then you must have re-installed Windows and all your Drivers and Programs like Movie Studio.

My guess is that on your old C:Drive, you would have had an older Nvidia Driver installed.
In the process of re-installing all the Drivers again, you probably had to download new/latest versions. So now you probably have a different version of the Nvidia Graphics Driver installed.

Because an Nvidia GTS240 is an older graphics card, it probably does not work as well with the newest driver from Nvidia.
My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX460. I do not use the latest drivers for this. Older driver works better.
Currently I am using driver version 332.21

I suggest you un-install your current Nvidia Driver and then re-install the same older version I use.
Before you do this, make sure to download and have ready the same version I am using.
You can download directly from here:
www.geforce.com/drivers/results/71704

As soon as you un-install your Graphics Driver, Windows Update may want to try and automatically download and install the latest driver.
DON'T LET IT DO THIS !
Go directly to the driver you downloaded and install it now !

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Jan 2015 23:44 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds