VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Another guy pulling his hair out over NewBlueFX

Another guy pulling his hair out over NewBlueFX was created by cirrus2000

Posted 07 Jan 2020 20:25 #1
This looks like a great place to ask about this subject! I've been going a little batty over this....

I have used Movie Studio for years, but have never really bothered looking into the NewBlueFX transitions etc. I've just re-installed Movie Studio 16 Platinum on my upgraded hard drive (OK, SSD) and figured I would also install and investigate the (included) transitions and Stylizers (?).

I installed everything, and everything seemed to go well. However, the NBFX products are nowhere to be found. Yes, I know about the new folder view, yes I know about using the FX browser to find all those sorted, hard to find plugins.

I run the "NewBlueFX Application Manager" and get a window saying that Transitions 5 Ultimate and Stylizers 5 Imagine are "current". I would be happy to try manually telling Movie Studio where to find the plug-ins, but have no idea how to do so...

Am I doing something wrong, or is there something not right with the installation? So confused...

Would appreciate any help, thoughts, suggestions, etc!

Kev
Last Edit:08 Jan 2020 08:31 by cirrus2000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Another guy pulling his hair out over NewBlueFX

Posted 08 Jan 2020 09:08 #2
Hi Kev - welcome to the MSZ forum :)

If you click on the Third Party folder instead, this will show you all the NBFX that are part of the Stylizers 5 Imagine package that came with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16. These FX are also visible in your screen shot of the OFX folder. The Stylizers 5 Imagine FX begin with Air Brush and finish with Pencil Rubbing - there are 10 in total.

If you click on Air Brush for example, you will see a readout at the bottom of the window that confirms it is one of the NBFX.

You can do a similar thing to find Transitions 5 Ultimate video transitions.
Overlap 2 pieces of media(video) on the Vegas timeline and then right-click in the overlapped transition area.
Select Transition/Insert other

The Plug-In Chooser - Transition window will now open.
You may see the NewBlue Transitions window, but if you don't open the Third Party folder instead.
Click on each transition and once again you will see a read out at the bottom that confirms it is a NBFX transition.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, cirrus2000

Replied by cirrus2000 on topic Another guy pulling his hair out over NewBlueFX

Posted 08 Jan 2020 09:42 #3
Thank you so much! I was sure I had seen something along the lines of "NBFX" or somesuch at the start of the effect names, in other screen shots, etc. I am very embarrassed, and appreciate the assistance in recognizing what was right in front of my face! :whistle:

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Another guy pulling his hair out over NewBlueFX

Posted 09 Jan 2020 08:11 #4
I'm glad you now know where all the NBFX are located, but you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

The makers of Vegas Movie Studio are the ones who should be embarrassed, for making it so difficult to find FX folders in v16 - they should never have removed Folder View from the Video FX and Transitions windows !!!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Jan 2020 08:11 by DoctorZen

Replied by oldme on topic Another guy pulling his hair out over NewBlueFX

Posted 11 Nov 2020 06:00 #5
So typical !
in a hurry to become an adult ? days until calculator is wonderful timer to know when you will be an adult !
by oldme

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.841 seconds