VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Saving quality of screenshots in VMS

Saving quality of screenshots in VMS was created by huskereurocat

Posted 24 Sep 2020 04:22 #1
Currently when I save a screenshot in the preview window, it will save as Good>Full. Is there a way to tell VMS 16 to save the screenshot as Best>Full? Been poking around in the preferences and I haven't found anything for that.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:24 Sep 2020 09:18 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Saving quality of screenshots in VMS

Posted 24 Sep 2020 09:24 #2
Just set the Preview Window = Best /Full before you take a Snapshot !

Please note: when I take a snapshot with Vegas Movie Studio, Good and/or Best (Full), both create the same 1920x1080 image quality.
For maximum image quality, save as a .png file instead of a .jpg file.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Saving quality of screenshots in VMS

Posted 24 Sep 2020 12:27 #3
So a 1920x1080 png image is the best that I am going to get, correct? I already get that quality. Thanks for the reply!!!
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

Replied by ericlnz on topic Saving quality of screenshots in VMS

Posted 24 Sep 2020 17:59 #4
The image size probably depends on your project image size. If your source is 4K and your project 4K then a Best Full image presumably will be 4K?
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Saving quality of screenshots in VMS

Posted 25 Sep 2020 09:51 #5

ericlnz wrote: The image size probably depends on your project image size. If your source is 4K and your project 4K then a Best Full image presumably will be 4K?

Correct !
In a 4K project, your snapshot will be 3840x2160 pixels and approximately 5MBs in file size when saving as a .png file.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2020 09:51 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.031 seconds