VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VEGAS POST Suite tutorials

• YangaM
  • YangaM's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

VEGAS POST Suite tutorials was created by YangaM

Posted 28 Mar 2021 05:02 #1
Hello Derek, I'm contemplating purchasing an Upgrade License to the 2021 version of "VEGAS POST Suite", (as it will suite all of my needs into the foreseeable future). I'm now needing such comprehensive editing software - however, I haven;t used Vegas since 2015, and because of what has transpired within my Life since, my memory in using VEGAS is not as comprehensively recollective as I would like.....therefore I'm somewhat ignorant of which is the best course for me to undertake in re-learning VEGAS Pro Suite along with the POST version? I've looked through your "Movie Studio Zen" website for Tutorials on the POST version, without finding any. If you don't have any, and if this is correct, would/could you be able to advise me of the possibly best Tutorials Location, please?
      In an endeavour to reciprocate information (and here I'm assuming that you would be using "Windows 10"), and the possibility that you may be weary of all the Updates Microsoft forces on people [I'm still using the 1803 version on my Internet PC, and continuing to work quite smoothly, (for  Windows)], I'd like to inform you and your 'members', (if you are not already aware), that there is a rather marvellous (small) piece of "effective" 'Software' (Script) that disables all the "Update Hijackers", simultaneously "disabling" the "Forced Updates" whilst still allowing 'individual' Updates (what ones) to be installed if one wants them. The Software (Script) is called "Sledgehammer".
      Thank you for your consideration and speedy response, whatever it may be.
     Regards, 'YangaM'.
Last Edit:29 Mar 2021 17:55 by YangaM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS POST Suite tutorials

Posted 29 Mar 2021 17:44 #2
Hi YangaM

Vegas Post Suite includes:
Vegas Pro 18
Vegas Effects
Vegas Image
Sound Forge Pro

I have not made any tutorials for Vegas Effects and Vegas Image - I haven't had the time to invest in such a BIG topic for now.

There is some good news!
Vegas Effects and Vegas Post are based on Hitfilm Pro and Imerge Pro, made by FXHome.
fxhome.com/product/hitfilm-pro
fxhome.com/product/imerge-pro

Basically, VEGAS Effects is the same program as Hitfilm Pro, with the Video Editor component removed, because you will be using Vegas Pro to edit with.
VEGAS Effects does contain the same Compositor for creating advanced Video Effects.
The only other BIG difference between VEGAS Effects and Hitfilm Pro, is that VEGAS Effects does not come with the stripped down version of Mocha - Mocha is an object tracking program.

If advanced object tracking is important for you, you have two options:
1. Buy Hitfilm Pro instead - it will cost more though.
2. Buy Mocha Pro from Boris FX, which fully integrates with VEGAS Pro and VEGAS Effects.

VEGAS Effects and VEGAS Image tutorials
You can watch most tutorials made for Hitfilm Pro or Hitfilm Imerge, and adapt them to work in VEGAS Post.
www.youtube.com/user/FXhomeHitFilm

Upgrade options
As far as I am aware, you can upgrade from VEGAS Pro to VEGAS Post and get the special upgrade discount which is only $349 right now.
You can use the link on my deals page here. Scroll down a little way and you will find the upgrade link.
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals
To verify that you qualify for the upgrade price, you will need to login to your MAGIX account.
If your version of Vegas Pro 13 was bought from Sony before Magix bought Vegas, I'm not sure how that will work.
If you DON'T have a Magix account, create one and register your VEGAS Pro 13 serial number.
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/
After making sure your Vegas Pro 13 serial number is registered with MAGIX, then use the UPGRADE button and see if you can get the special discount.

Windows 10 Updates
I do not recommend people block Windows 10 updates!!!
I know some people want to do this, but the time for that really has passed.
The problem you may find is that advanced programs like VEGAS Effects and VEGAS Pro, are fully integrated with Windows 10.
You also have all the latest AMD Ryzen CPUs that have become extremely popular now - I just built a new computer myself with a Ryzen 5800X.
All these new items need to have the latest version of Windows 10 installed, to work correctly.
If you try to run these programs on an old version of Windows 10 that is stuck in time, you will probably experience some issues eventually.

All versions of VEGAS Pro I have installed, are working perfectly OK with the latest version of Windows 10.

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Mar 2021 17:57 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• YangaM
  • YangaM's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by YangaM on topic VEGAS POST Suite tutorials

Posted 31 Mar 2021 10:19 #3
Thank you ever so much for your comprehensive response; I very much appreciate your doing so and the content! Absolutely marvelous! Thanks again. YangaM.
Last Edit:31 Mar 2021 15:47 by YangaM
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by wingnix on topic VEGAS POST Suite tutorials

Posted 23 Apr 2021 11:40 #4
Please add Mocha Hitfilm and Foundry Camera Tracker to VEGAS Effects. I need them.
by wingnix

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS POST Suite tutorials

Posted 23 Apr 2021 14:43 #5

Please add Mocha Hitfilm and Foundry Camera Tracker to VEGAS Effects. I need them.
Hi wingnix
This is not the official Vegas/Magix forums - I am only an independent user and teacher of Vegas.
I recommend you post this request on the official Vegas forums here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.762 seconds