VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Using HandBrake to convert Variable Frame Rate to Constant Frame Rate video

I tried using Hand Brake to set my Frame rate to constant which I did and the rate to 23.976. I encoded the input file and when it finished mediainfo still said variable and both high and low values to 23.967. Does this mean it is a constant frame rate of 23.967or what am I doing wrong? I rendered the file and the video came out fine.
Last Edit:27 Jul 2021 10:05 by Mojoman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Mojoman - Welcome to the MSZ Forum.

Where did your original video come from ?
Which device recorded the video ?

I certainly don't know everything!
On rare occasions, I have seen the same thing happen myself and I can't explain why it does this.
There are plenty of X-files in video land.

If you are editing in Vegas and the video is playing and rendering without any glitches or skipping, that's the main thing that matters.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Jul 2021 10:05 by DoctorZen

I Attempted to duplicate the problem and I’m unable to do that. I shot a few short videos on my iPhone 11 ProMax using ProCamera to experiment a bit and they are showing a constant frame rate straight out of the camera. I do use H265 (HEVC) if this makes any difference. Also I shot in 4K. The end result is really quite good especially with a mobile phone. Thanks much for your help. I’ve decided to stick with vms for now. I will be donating to your cause instead.
by Mojoman
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Thanks for the report back 

As I said before, video land is full of X-files!!!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Mar 2022 11:32 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.901 seconds