VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Important All in again!

• Engelj
  • Engelj's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2

All in again! was created by Engelj

Posted 20 Mar 2022 01:23 #1
Well, you did it!  Your re-emergence into the Vegas universe singlehandedly convinced me to return to the Vegas tribe.  After being summarily cast out by the "Great Vegas Movie Studio Dropkick" decisions, I found myself wandering lost in the dark video editing wasteland, angry at the Vegas guys and unable to decide which product to adopt.  Because, it's a big decision to change tribes.  A deep and prolonged learning curve.

Then, a dim light, far in the distance, shone a welcoming glow, beckoning me to reconsider.  Promising to take my hand and lead me gently, carefully, reassuringly back towards a new Vegas called "Pro".  Assuring me that I too, a lowly amateur home video user, could come to understand and use this new, but familiar editor.

So I jumped back in. Because of you, I subscribed to Vegas Pro 365!  Because of you, I jumped on the New Blue Total FX deal and bought a second upgrade to the already owned, "New Not Really Movie Studio Platinum" just to get that deal.

Now I am sitting here asking myself "What the heck just happened?"  How did I get back here again?

So, here's the deal Derek; I'm here because of you.  So you need to deliver!  Deliver all those skills and explanations and help and support and all the things you do so well.  Help me to learn to re-love all the stuff I used to know back in the Sony days.  I'm counting on you Derek.  Don't let me down!

Joe  
by Engelj
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic All in again!

Posted 20 Mar 2022 13:14 #2
Hi Joe

Thanks for your message!

I totally understand and appreciate the journey you have been on, because it reflects what most Vegas Movie Studio users experienced and are now realizing, when they upgraded to VEGAS Pro.

I do have a plan written down and a destination I want to get to personally, but it's also a destination I want everyone of my subscribers and followers to arrive at as well.

I have a lot of work to do, but can only take it one step at a time.
I have no distractions left in my life (they all got deleted), so I am focussed on manifesting something useful for many people.

Regards
Derek 

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Mar 2022 11:15 by DoctorZen

• Engelj
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Engelj on topic All in again!

Posted 21 Mar 2022 11:11 #3
Actually, I was really aiming at encouraging you to continue your restart AND to remember the newbies.  I'm really a newbie.  The official Vegas Pro forum is not a welcoming place for newbies.  It's very much a "read the manual, dummy" type of place.

OTOH I don't know how much you depend upon your support monetization and I have no idea where the "sweet spot" to maximize that is.  Maybe I can ask really stupid questions here to help guide you on the needs of newbies.  I expect that, after years of immersion in the application, it would be hard to remember how confusing and intimidating the beginners might feel.

I also thought, after stepping back through all the tutorials from your Sony days, that some of those ideas are still valid and that some of that material could be refreshed into working with Vegas 19.  Just an idea!
Onward.
Joe
by Engelj

Posted 21 Mar 2022 11:28 #4
I definitely haven't forgot what it's like to be a newbie - I never will !
I also get frustrated when advanced users of any user forum, completely forget/ignore critical steps in their instructions and then get pissed off when you dare to ask for help or further explanation.

My philosophy for making tutorials is to "never skip any steps, no matter how trivial they may seem".

I will be refreshing all my tutorials and articles, so that everything is up to date for current versions of Vegas Pro.
I already have a long list of tutorials that need to be updated.

Feel free to post any questions you have.

Cheers 
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Engelj
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Engelj on topic All in again!

Posted 07 May 2022 08:30 #5
Okay...  I have slipped into confusion again.  Maybe yet again.
When I left Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum, (no, that's incorrect).  When Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum left me, I mistakenly purchased an upgrade to Movie Edit Pro Premium 2022. Now installed and working.

I never really got off the runway with that when you re-emerged and persuaded me to upgrade to Vegas Pro Edit 365, which I did. Now installed and working.

Then the super special, amazing, irresistible, bundled promotion you touted, for Movie Studio 2022 Platinum and the NewBlue TotalFX convinced me to buy Movie Studio 2022 Platinum.  Now installed and working.

Can you see where I'm going with this?
Oh, I forgot.  DaVinci Resolve just offered a major update to version 18.  Pretty cool too.  Which is now installed and working.

Unfortunately, I am not installed and working.  I am spinning around in circles.

Can you clarify for me:  Movie Studio 2022 Platinum and Movie Edit Pro Premium 2022 are identical applications?
Can you offer and advice and suggestions to move forward and get myself unstuck with these many alternatives?
Thanks Derek
Joe
by Engelj

Posted 07 May 2022 13:30 #6

Unfortunately, I am not installed and working.  I am spinning around in circles.

LOL  I've been feeling the same way for the last 6 weeks, so I can relate to how you feel.
A quick personal note before I answer your question.
I had an unexpected medical diversion after I last spoke to you, then contracted a virus that was exactly like COVID, but tested as not COVID, even though I think I caught COVID.
Long story short, I'm only just starting to get my energy back and playing catch up, before everyone gets angry with me.

MAGIX Germany certainly created a confusing mess with all their changes over the last 12 months.
Movie Studio 2022 Platinum and Movie Edit Pro Premium 2022 are the exact same program !!!
A few months ago, they officially changed the name from Movie Edit Pro to Movie Studio.
To make matters worse, in some European countries, MAGIX Movie Edit Pro was called MAGIX Video Deluxe.

If you have Vegas Edit installed, that would be the version you should be learning to use and edit with.
If you did buy the 365 version of Vegas Pro Edit, that will have to be renewed after 12 months, otherwise it will stop working.
IMPORTANT! Make sure to cancel your VEGAS Edit 365 subscription before the 12 months is up, otherwise you will be automatically re-billed for another 12 months.
If you want to keep VEGAS Edit for life, you need to buy the standalone version, which will work forever.

The only reason you bought Movie Studio 2022 Platinum, was due to my advice, so that you could get NewBlue Total FX for free and then use it in VEGAS Pro 19.
You don't need to have Movie Studio 2022 Platinum installed for NewBlue Total FX to work.

You can turn off all notifications for MAGIX Upgrades inside of all MAGIX programs, then you won't be bombarded with confusing messages.
If you are getting MAGIX Sales pop-ups in the bottom right corner of your Windows Desktop, that's because you have accidentally installed the very stupid MAGIX update app.
You can can and should uninstall that from your Windows Programs list, and then won't be bothered anymore.

Regards
Derek
Last Edit:07 May 2022 13:33 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds