VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question How do check if the NewBlue Total FX is working on Vegas Platinum 17

• joeyb
  • joeyb's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello!!  I bought the NewBlue Total FX offer from your provided links but it made me install the new version of Movie Studio 22 which is fine but I want to keep working on Vegas Platinum 17 cos I am familiar with it. How do I check if the effects carried across to there?  And if they didnt how do I get them across to there?
Last Edit:03 Jun 2022 13:30 by joeyb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You don't have to do anything special.
When you install any NewBlueFX product, it automatically scans your computer for installed editing programs and installs them for you.

In the video I made about this, I showed where to look in Vegas.
Watch this. You can skip directly to 17:01

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• joeyb
  • joeyb's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you so much. They are actually in there under 'third-party' under effects. I dont think I had anything under that tab ever before because I never purchased any additional add ons like that before.  Speaking of which can you please tell me which third party effects are compatable with VEGAS MOVIE STUDIO 17 PLATINUM.  I am making music videos so the ones I need most are 1) make up reworking, skin smoothing and colour grading, 2) lighting effects for glamour style video effects for people and anything that can make retro film effects eg super 8, cigarette burn kind of things from film.... that kind of thing.  If you can give me a few that do that I would be very grateful Thanks heaps!!! 
by joeyb

Most 3rd Party FX are compatible with Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17.
Any software company that sells 3rd party FX for video editing, will tell you in their compatibility charts which programs work with their FX.
Please note that Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 is now a retired product and replaced with VEGAS Edit 19.
If you upgraded to VEGAS Edit 19, all FX will be compatible with that version.

Boris FX and NewBlue FX are the two best FX makers that are compatible with Vegas Pro 19 and mostly compatible with VMSP17.

Boris FX Continuum has specialized Units for Beauty correction.
Both Boris FX and NBFX make FX that you are asking for.

You can subscribe to every Continuum effect for $195 per year.
The version that is compatible with VEGAS is OFX.
borisfx.com/products/continuum/?collection=continuum&product=continuum

NewBlue FX are here:
newbluefx.com/products/totalfx/
You can subscribe Monthly, Yearly or buy top keep for life.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joeyb

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.077 seconds