VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Should I update VMS 17 to Vegas edit 20?

Should I update VMS 17 to Vegas edit 20? was created by Mojoman

Posted 02 Mar 2023 05:02 #1
Should I update VMS 17 to Vegas edit 20?
Last Edit:03 Mar 2023 13:01 by Mojoman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Should I update VMS 17 to Vegas edit 20?

Posted 02 Mar 2023 09:28 #2
Suggest you download the 30 day trial to try.  But first check your pc meets the minimum system requirements.
Last Edit:03 Mar 2023 13:01 by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Should I update VMS 17 to Vegas edit 20?

Posted 03 Mar 2023 13:12 #3
If you like using VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum 17 and don't want to relearn a completely different program, I do recommend upgrading to VEGAS Edit 20, which is the full version of VEGAS Pro, just by itself.

As Eric has suggested, it is always a good idea to download the free trail first and make sure it will work OK with your computer's hardware.

Vegas Edit 20 is designed to work best with a modern Graphics Card and more than 4x Core CPU (8x Core or more is best).
That means having one of the latest model Nvidia or AMD Radeon graphics cards.
If your computer is using an old graphics card, you want be able to get the full benefit out of VEGAS Pro's GPU acceleration.

If you decide to upgrade to VEGAS Edit 20, there are two different upgrade deals on right now, which you qualify for.
1. Upgrade to VEGAS Edit 20 for US $119
or
2. Upgrade to VEGAS Edit 20 + get Boris FX Continuum 2021.5 Transitions Unit ($299 value) + proDAD VitaScene V4 PRO ($699 value) for US $159

Both extra plugins contain a large amount of Transitions and FX you can use in VEGAS Edit.

Access to both these deals can be found on my deals page here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals

Please note: If you live outside the USA and would like to buy in your local currency, press WORLD button when you land on the VEGAS website.
If you are interested in Upgrade deal with extras, I have custom links you can use.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Mojoman on topic Should I update VMS 17 to Vegas edit 20?

Posted 05 Mar 2023 06:00 #4
I installed the trial version and it works perfectly. I want to get the upgrade as I qualify because I own VMS 17. What is the best way to do this so I don’t need to uninstall the trial and start over. Can I just purchase the upgrade and then use it to activate the trial version I have? Thanks in advance for your help. Mojoman
by Mojoman

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Should I update VMS 17 to Vegas edit 20?

Posted 06 Mar 2023 14:30 #5
The trial is the full version - you don't need to uninstall.
All you need to do now is buying a License Key.
Please use one of my affiliate links to make your purchase - it doesn't cost you anymore, but does help support the costs in running this forum and website.
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals

Remember there are 2 upgrades offers right now.
1. Simple upgrade to VEGAS Edit 20
or
2. Some upgrade, but with some cool extra Video FX and Transitions included !

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by KellyJames on topic Should I update VMS 17 to Vegas edit 20?

Posted 04 Dec 2023 22:34 #6
Upgrading to Vegas Edit 20 from VMS 17 offers newer features, enhancements, and potentially improved performance. Consider the added functionalities and if they align with your editing needs. Evaluate if the upgrade cost justifies the benefits for your editing workflow before making the decision.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.895 seconds