VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Will updating MSP 17 destroy a work in progress?

• Lyn
  • Lyn's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Will updating MSP 17 destroy a work in progress? was created by Lyn

Posted 16 Apr 2022 20:14 #1
Hi :)  After unsuccessfully trying to fix the net.framework problem with MS Plat 11, which I've used for 10 years, I switched to 17, which I purchased when it came out but kept in reserve.  Sadly 17 crashes even more than 11 but I've been motoring through.  Yesterday 17 offered me a replacement for my version of 17.

Question is:  I'm 80% through a 30 minute project.  Will I lose it if I install the updated version of 17 at this juncture?

Thanks in advance.
Last Edit:17 Apr 2022 15:30 by Lyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by RgVideo on topic Will updating MSP 17 destroy a work in progress?

Posted 17 Apr 2022 01:00 #2
There is no update to MSP17 and never will be.  Read post near top of this forum re Movie Studio 18.
by RgVideo

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Will updating MSP 17 destroy a work in progress?

Posted 17 Apr 2022 15:30 #3
Hello Lyn
I sent a copy of this message via email first. I didn't realise you posted on the forum, until I replied to you via email.
The forum is the best place to communicate.

You will not lose your project if you upgraded to a different version.
Upgrades DO NOT un-install older versions of VEGAS.
Upgrades install standalone versions which do not affect other versions on your computer.

Vegas Movie Studio has been cancelled. It is now an officially retired product and has been replaced with a different program using the same name, which is terribly confusing!
The new version "MAGIX Movie Studio Platinum 2022" is a completely different product.
It has nothing to do with "Vegas" video editing software.
I made a video about this here. Since making this video, a newer newer version was released.

If you upgraded to MAGIX Movie Studio Platinum 2022, you would have to learn everything from scratch.
Most Vegas Movie Studio users who don't want to re-learn a different program, are upgrading to VEGAS Pro instead.
You qualify for the upgrade pricing.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 17 was the "little brother" of VEGAS Pro.
VEGAS Pro is similar to VMSP17, but has many more functions.

You should be able open VEGAS Movie Studio projects in VEGAS Pro.

I will be releasing a beginners guide for how to use VEGAS Pro 19 very, very soon - hopefully next week!

There are 3x versions of Vegas Pro 19.
Vegas Edit 19, Vegas Pro 19 and Vegas Post 19 I have a video that explains all the differences between different versions here:

VEGAS Edit 19 is the full version of VEGAS Pro, just by itself. This is the version most Vegas Movie Studio users are upgrading to.
The upgrade price is US $119 and comes with some bonus extras during the Easter sale that is on right now.

I created a SALES PAGE on my website, which has links to all the different versions of VEGAS you can buy now OR press Advert at top of this page.
Upgrade links are near the top of the page and will take you to the VEGAS website, if you choose to buy the upgrade.
www.moviestudiozen.com/deals

Let me know if you need any more help.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Apr 2022 01:37 by DoctorZen

Replied by Robbie on topic Will updating MSP 17 destroy a work in progress?

Posted 17 Apr 2022 22:37 #4
Hi LynFirst question in my mind is whether you are being invited to update to the latest build of MSP17P or to upgrade to Movie Studio 18/2020.Personally, I try to avoid doing either an update or an upgrade while I am part way through a project unless absolutely necessary, although in principle an update should be safe.If an update is what is being offered it is something you should do at an appropriate time as the updates are free and include various bug fixes which MIGHT solve some of the problems you’ve been experiencing.If it is an upgrade to Movie Studio 18/2020 then there will be a cost to transition to a new program and all the advice provided by Dr Zen will apply.Cheers, Robbie
by Robbie

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.724 seconds