VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved SF Audio Studio Closing on Export

SF Audio Studio Closing on Export was created by seanmccoy

Posted 02 Jan 2022 12:38 #1
Hey, all, longtime Sound Forge user here, but this is my first time using SF Audio Studio. I'm using it strictly for its ACX export wizard as I'm currently helping someone prep an audio book to send to Audible. All working well, but the program closes each time I export a file, and with no batch processes available in this program, reopening it dozens of times is a headache. I've searched through the preferences and options and can't find anything addressing this. What am I missing?
Last Edit:08 Jan 2022 10:56 by seanmccoy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic SF Audio Studio Closing on Export

Posted 03 Jan 2022 11:24 #2
Hi seanmccoy

I am not an expert on Sound Forge and have never exported using ACX.
I recommend you post your question on the official Magix forums, where you will get many more people with more experience using Sound Forge to read your message.
When you post on the Magix forums, make sure to tell them the exact version of Sound Forge you are using.
www.magix.info/us/audio-forum/sound-forge-pc/

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by seanmccoy on topic SF Audio Studio Closing on Export

Posted 03 Jan 2022 12:29 #3
Thanks, Derek. I had already posted on the Magix forum, with no responses. It doesn't seem to be a very active place. I've also sent a support request directly to Magix, so we'll see if their support team is better than their lousy support web design would imply. 

Posted 04 Jan 2022 09:22 #4
Which exact version of Sound Forge are you using ?
And which build version ?
Open program and go to Help/About to find version and build version.

Please also know, that most software companies, have most of their staff on annual leave at this time of the year.
Which means support is very thin at the moment, until we get to the end of January.

I have never heard of the ACX Export Wizard.
What steps do you take to access this feature, so I can try to replicate what is happening?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 04 Jan 2022 09:29 #5
This is in Sound Forge Audio Studio 15. I have Sound Forge Pro 14, but I believe the ACX Check and Export functions are also in Sound Forge Pro 15. In Audio Studio, it's in the Instant Action section. But I heard from Magix support, and he believes it is a bug. He said he was about to go into a meeting with the programmers and would bring it up, so we can expect it to be fixed in an update. Hopefully soon. 

Posted 06 Jan 2022 08:25 #6
Thanks for reporting back.
I only have versions 14 of Sound Forge Audio Studio and Sound Forge Pro, and couldn't find the settings you were talking about.
It's obviously a new function only in versions 15.

Anyway, sounds like you are on the right track now and Magix will be able to help / release bug fix.

Posted 06 Jan 2022 08:54 #7
Yes, Craig at Magix confirmed it was a bug and will be addressed in an upcoming patch. The ACX presets were introduced in version 15 of both programs. 
Last Edit:06 Jan 2022 08:54 by seanmccoy

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.868 seconds