VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Adding still image head to video but get outlines around it- Sony Vegas Pro

Hi, I'm new here but have been following your tutorials (Thank you so much!) to try and teach myself Sony Vegas on the fly. I am trying to make a funny short video for a friend which superimposes her head in a string of movie clips. My problem is that I keep getting the outside edge of photo lines when I size the image in event pan/crop. I'm sure there is something I am missing.
PS- My preview screen is red too which makes things all the harder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can you please send me a screen shot of what this problem looks like, so I can understand what you mean ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Here is a screenshot of my friend's head just floating without a lot of background so you can see clearly what I mean. Around the head is a square of yellow lines; the edges of the photo I am superimposing. Instead of just the head it keeps showing the photo edges. I set the green screen under chromakeyer, used the dropper to get correct color, adjusted the thresholds yet still I have the outlines! Mostly they don't show up until I resize or rotate the head in event pan/crop to fit over the actors head in the vid clips i have.
I know my friend's head won't look "real" yet the constant "square outlines" make it look awful. When I try to adjust the thresholds more or less then her face becomes transparent or has dark/black pixelated areas.
I really really hope you can help! Thanks so much!

Last Edit:01 Aug 2014 14:52 by rubixchik

Hi Rubixchik

Try this.
Drag the Cookie Cutter Video FX onto your Chroma Key layer.
Use the Default Circle.
You can use the controls to re-position the circle around the head shot and also control the size of circle.
This will remove the hard edge from photo.
If you still have some problems, you could use the Feather control in the Cookie Cutter as well to blur the edge of new circle.
I am pretty confident this should work.

If it doesn't, can you upload a .png or jpeg of your head shot for me to experiment with.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Thank you Thank you Derek! This DID work! I may have to re-position my cut-out still images of her head because they were so close to the edge of the pic that it would cut her head too. The feather effect actually makes the outline of her head a little softer instead of such hard edges. I can't tell you how much your advice and tutorials have helped! :cheer:

Excellent !

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.880 seconds