VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Can you 'refresh' Vegas Pro

Can you 'refresh' Vegas Pro was created by MrGrunthunter

Posted 24 Aug 2022 07:21 #1
Many times while using my Vegas Pro 19 I need to maybe import a new photo or create a new animation that I can't do in VP.  After I have done that and saved it into my project folder it is not visible.  I have to completely close VP and re-open it in order to be able to see my new file.

Is there a way to 'refresh' Vegas Pro in order to see any new files so I don't have to keep closing it.  Yeah, I know I should be better prepared but I seem to keep having new things come up that I want to add.

DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Last Edit:24 Aug 2022 12:58 by MrGrunthunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Can you 'refresh' Vegas Pro

Posted 24 Aug 2022 13:06 #2
I have never experienced the problem you are describing, if I am understanding what you are saying.

You said: Many times while using my Vegas Pro 19 I need to maybe import a new photo or create a new animation that I can't do in VP. 
This sentence does not really make sense, if VP = Vegas Pro

Are you talking about the Project Media window ?
When I import media into Vegas Pro, a thumbnail showing the media always appears.
If you mean something completely different, can you try to describe what you mean in a different way.
List the steps in basic form, so we can reproduce what you actually mean.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Can you 'refresh' Vegas Pro

Posted 25 Aug 2022 07:16 #3
Sorry, I'm referring to the EXPLORER directory.  Say I decided I wanted to add the title animation file shown in the screen clip.  I have to use another program called Blufftitler to create animated title files like this.  If I leave Vegas open and go create that file and save it into the directory on my hard drive it does not show up in the Explorer window,  That or if I add a new photo into my project directory, I have to close Vegas then open it back up again for the new file to appear in the VEGAS Explorer window.  It's like VEGAS does a load of everything currently in the folder where I have all of the files I am using in my project when it opens up but if I add anything after that it doesn't show up without VEGAS having to reload that directory hence the term "ReFresh".  I hope that makes sense.
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3

GTX-1070
Attachments:

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Can you 'refresh' Vegas Pro

Posted 25 Aug 2022 11:36 #4
There is a REFRESH button in the Explorer tab.
Press button to refresh, without having to re-boot Vegas Pro.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Can you 'refresh' Vegas Pro

Posted 25 Aug 2022 14:11 #5
Well ,,,,,,,, dummy me ! That works. I always thought that was a 'typical' UNDO button and never used it before. I can't count the number of times over the years I've been closing and reopening Vegas just to get new files to show up in my Explorer window. WHAT A HUGE TIME SAVER THIS IS GOING TO BE FOR ME LET ALONE THE AMOUNT OF FRUSTRATION IT'S GETTING RID OF !
Many thanks again Derek.

GTX-1070
Last Edit:25 Aug 2022 17:33 by MrGrunthunter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.092 seconds