VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Best render templates for VEGAS Pro 20

• Van Of Action .com
  • Van Of Action .com's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Video Blogger About My Van Build and Experiences
  • Thank you received: 1

Best render templates for VEGAS Pro 20 was created by Van Of Action .com

Posted 14 Aug 2023 12:22 #1
Hi Derek

I've been kicking around the new platform.  I see there are very few tutorials for 20 - I assume the older version ones should "mostly" work ?

Specifically - first off I'm looking for the best settings to create templates for widescreen and vertical videos.  I know you did one for Moving Studio and I found them really handy.

When you have time can you point me a direction ?

Cheers 

Dave
Dave Chomitz

VanOfAction.com
Last Edit:14 Aug 2023 14:48 by Van Of Action .com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Best render templates for VEGAS Pro 20

Posted 14 Aug 2023 14:48 #2
Hi Dave

90% of my old tutorials will work in any version of VEGAS Pro, even tutorials that were made with VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum.
Due to ongoing health problems for the last couple of years, I hadn't been making regular tutorials.
I don't know if you already know this, but I had surgery to fix my health issue a few months ago and hopefully it has fixed my problem, which means I will be returning to making regular tutorials again.

The best Format to render with in VEGAS Pro 20 is MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4.
This format uses a modern GPU Acceleration decode/encode engine, which is compatible with all modern GPU Architecture.
If you have an Nvidia Graphics Card installed, you will see NVENC options in the render templates - these templates will use mostly GPU power to render your videos reasonably fast.
Non-NVENC templates use mostly CPU power and GPU - these can be slower to render, but may produce better results sometimes. They are the safest options.
If you have an AMD Radeon GPU, you will see AMD options.
If you have Intel Integrated Graphics, which is part of an Intel CPU, you will see Intel QSV options - Intel Quicksync Video is known to be the fastest way to render video if available.

Portrait style templates are labelled Portrait and remember your can Customize any template by pressing the Customize Template button, to change any setting you like.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.861 seconds