VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved New to Movie Studio Zen

New to Movie Studio Zen was created by Weaver Video Productions

Posted 17 Aug 2014 05:25 #1
Hello everyone!

My name is Kendal Weaver, I'm 18 years old and I do freelance video production work and I'm new to Movie Studio Zen. Hopefully my age doesn't scare you away just yet from continuing to read this article, because I believe I have some good information to share.

I live in Austin Texas, so jobs working with Sony Vegas are fairly hard to come by. I am a recent high school graduate. I graduated from Leander High School in June 2014. I taught myself on how to edit video in Sony Vegas and how to produce high quality videos. I have been doing this for about 5 years now and after I got exposed to it. I started my own video business.

I offer affordable, quality freelance video production and video editing services including weddings, birthday parties, family reunions, baby showers, and corporate events. I also do photo montages, turning your photos into a themed slide show with Hollywood style transitions including standard and 3D transitions with your personalized selection of music.

I offer video editing services nationwide. Video production is offered primarily in the Central Texas area including Austin, Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Georgetown, Lago Vista, and Marble Falls.

VIMEO | vimeo.com/weavervideoproductions
FACEBOOK | www.facebook.com/WeaverVideoProductions

Regards
Kendal W. Weaver
:)
PC SPECS:
Intel i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz
16GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2GB)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

EDITING:
Vegas Pro 12
DVD Architect Pro 6
Sound Forge Pro 11
HitFilm 2 Ultimate

VIDEO EQUIPMENT:
Canon Vixia HF S20
Sony HDR-CX110

AUDIO:
ZOOM H1
Rode VideoMic
Last Edit:31 Jan 2015 15:28 by Weaver Video Productions
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New to Movie Studio Zen

Posted 31 Jan 2015 00:17 #2
Hi Kendall

I haven't heard from you in a while and was wondering if you are OK ? :woohoo:
I am going through all the forum posts at the moment and tidying a lot of stuff up.
I just tried to use some links in your original post here but see you have closed your website and YouTube channel.
If you have updated links, it would be great to see your channel and website.

Cheers :)
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Weaver Video Productions on topic New to Movie Studio Zen

Posted 31 Jan 2015 10:43 #3
Hi Derek,

I'm doing pretty good. I haven't worked on any new projects lately. I purchased a used video camera off craigslist about 4 months ago. I got a Canon Vixia HF S20 second hand item. I want to make 10 new contacts for my freelance business this year. I want to work on some more personal projects and possibly work on some short documentaries. I purchased the Rode VideoMic and a new professional tripod. I deleted my YouTube channel because I barely use it and I use Vimeo a lot more often. I have a new website from WordPress.com. How have you been? Here is a link to my new website and my Vimeo channel.

Vimeo: vimeo.com/weavervideoproductions
Facebook: www.facebook.com/weavervideoproductions

Regards
Kendal W. Weaver
PC SPECS:
Intel i7-4770K @ 3.5GHz
16GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2GB)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

EDITING:
Vegas Pro 12
DVD Architect Pro 6
Sound Forge Pro 11
HitFilm 2 Ultimate

VIDEO EQUIPMENT:
Canon Vixia HF S20
Sony HDR-CX110

AUDIO:
ZOOM H1
Rode VideoMic

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New to Movie Studio Zen

Posted 31 Jan 2015 15:45 #4
I'm glad you are OK ;)

As you can see, I haven't posted any new tutorials for five months.
My body had not finished healing itself properly since the brain surgery I had at the end of 2013. So I needed to let go of a lot of things and simplify my lifestyle.
I do feel better now and definitely more relaxed, so I am looking forward to creating new content again and answering all the tutorial requests from yourself and other forum members.

If you ever have the money, I would recommend you participate in one of Philip Bloom's weekend film making courses. He is based in the UK but travels all around the world. I would love to go to one of his workshops next time he is in Australia. He teaches all the main elements of making a short film and how to use a camera properly. I remember hearing him say that it is great idea to make very short films to practice your skills - 30sec, 60sec or 2 minute short films on any topic. A lot of his students have uploaded their films, but I can't remener where they are to watch.

Here is his main website:
philipbloom.net/

Here are his 4 Vimeo Channels:
vimeo.com/philipbloom
vimeo.com/pbreviews
vimeo.com/bloomworld
vimeo.com/pbextras

All the best
Derek :cheer: :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Svendus

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds