VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Best free video cutting tool(s)???

Best free video cutting tool(s)??? was created by PTDevon

Posted 16 Jan 2021 03:41 #1
Hi All,
What is the best way to cut up footage? I have so far used Any Video Converter's trimming tool while I am also converting the footage. I'm not sure if that will just trim, without converting, and in any case sometimes it seems to make clips with the right start time, but which last all the way to the end of the original clip (not what I want). So, all I want to be able to do it take just a little part of some footage that I've already downloaded, and just trim / cut that away, so that I only import that little clip into my project... This must be something other people are doing constantly.

I've used the search on here cut all I found was a reply from Derek using the phrase "cookie cutter". I've also googled it, but I don't really trust those website that come up.

Thanks

Paul

by PTDevon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Best free video cutting tool(s)???

Posted 16 Jan 2021 12:22 #2
You can't "trim" videos without re-rendering.
This is what you use Vegas for!

Use the Trimmer window in Vegas to do exactly what you are asking.
Right-click a video in the Project Media or Explorer tabbed windows and select Open in Trimmer.

Press More Buttons and Edit Visible Button Set - turn ON all controls.
You can drag any section of the video to create a selection.
That can be dragged directly to the Timeline.
OR
You can create an actual Sub-Clip which will also appear in the Project Media window.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by PTDevon on topic Best free video cutting tool(s)???

Posted 16 Jan 2021 22:37 #3
Thanks Derek
I do very much appreciate your patience with me!

Paul

by PTDevon

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Best free video cutting tool(s)???

Posted 17 Jan 2021 03:58 #4
Cheers :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Jan 2021 03:59 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.787 seconds