VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Introduction

• Eagle Six
  • Eagle Six's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!
  • Thank you received: 567

Introduction was created by Eagle Six

Posted 06 Sep 2015 07:25 #1
Hi Folks, from the high country of Arizona in the USA.

I started photography in 1961, operated 2 still studios (professional level) in my early years, started in movies with a Canon Super 8 in 1966 (amateur) and have been in and out since then. Always in as a passion, often out for other careers along the way.

Getting serious about videos in the late 90's, I have finally reach the point, now that I'm retired, to become a serious student! Last year I switched to SMS 12 Platium and then updraded to version 13. My cameras and audio equipment are antiquated, as is my post production desktop, but it is still providing what I need. And dispite it's age, everything I use is younger than I.

Along the way I constantly learn there is always much more to learn! That's why I'm here. About six months ago I found this website and have been devouring it ever since.

Thank You Derek, for the excellent job, and the excellent website. I have a few easy questions, so I'll move over to the SMS sub-forum and post them up.
Best Regards......George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Introduction

Posted 06 Sep 2015 12:40 #2
Hi Eagle Six and welcome to the forum.

I think very soon retirees will become my biggest demographic!
My dad is also retired and he seems to be busier now learning more and more new things online every day.

It's good to know you are old school like myself and appreciate the dark room.
I assume you would have done some level of developing yourself along the way. I think it is a valuable skill which photographers from the digital age have missed out on.

I'm glad I have been able to help you out a little.

Regards
Derek :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Eagle Six
  • Eagle Six's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Check Your Six!
  • Thank you received: 567

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Introduction

Posted 07 Sep 2015 00:58 #3
I would venture to say the vast majority of those starting out in photography within the past 10 years, never had to experience the trauma transitioning from film to tape to digital. In my first studio I had in-house lab processing of B&W prints. In the second studio my in-house lab produced both B&W prints, color prints and color positives.

I started in medium format, grew into large format and then added small format. The very last film camera I used was a very worn-out Nikon F3. Of course there are many in the big production houses on film who will struggle with digital for years to come. The availability of print quality ink jet, finally brought me into full digital about 6 years ago......and honestly, I seldom look back!

I still miss the latitude and saturation of film, but the ease in work flow and amazing flexibility and power during production and in post, for me as a rookie, brings motion photography to my finger tips.

....and BTW, you haven't help me out a little, you have helped me out a bunch....Thank You.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.863 seconds