VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Burning to DVD for play back in a DVD player.

Burning to DVD for play back in a DVD player. was created by Photobyweb

Posted 17 Dec 2018 06:23 #1
Good afternoon,
I'am being ask to make a DVD for some one for a funeral. It's going to a combination video and picture in this DVD. This is an area I struggle in the most Burning to a DVD, in making a good looking video. What is the best way to compete this request. The setting that I've use in the past are difference in movie studio 15.0 platinum. I did try a few of the video that are in this sight. Some look like they are low resolution picture and video on my monitor. some look really great but would not work in DVD player
I'am thinking this is an operator err (Me) again. I render my project to my desk top, and then I burn it to a DVD from file no menu, Just straight video and photo slide show. I have not used the DVD architect programmed yet. Hope this enough information for you.
Thank You for Time,
Photobyweb, (Willie B.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Burning to DVD for play back in a DVD player.

Posted 17 Dec 2018 16:39 #2
Hi Willie B

I recommend you read/watch this tutorial first.
This will show you how to burn a DVD with no menus, directly from the Vegas timeline.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/527-how-to-burn-dvd-bluray-sony-movie-studio-platinum

Please note that DVD only supports Standard Definition video, which is very low resolution.
If you source videos and pictures are HD, they will look worse after rendering to a DVD.

If your project is using many still images, it is important that your Project Properties are set correctly BEFORE you get started.
If you screw up the project properties by adding images first, it can make a real mess of the resolution.
I would actually recommend you set the Project Properties to 1920x1080, even though you will be outputting to DVD only.
Before you start burning discs, you can render to regular 1920x1080p to preview your project and make sure it looks OK first.
If everything looks OK and there are no mistakes, then you can go to Make Movie/Burn it to DVD and select just DVD.
Vegas will then burn directly to a DVD for you.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Jan 2019 19:24 by DoctorZen

Replied by Photobyweb on topic Burning to DVD for play back in a DVD player.

Posted 20 Dec 2018 12:32 #3
Thank you very much Derek for the information. I will be doing my final take on Friday. I did a very short run tonight and it look ok. Thanks again.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.724 seconds