VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Titler Pro 7 not opening after installing Vegas Pro 20

Titler Pro 7 not opening after installing Vegas Pro 20 was created by Kittster

Posted 17 Aug 2022 12:53 #1
After Installing Vegas Pro 20, I did not test the Titler Pro 7 program. But I did some testing of Vegas 19 vs 20 on two new projects.  I was satisfied with the results, purchased Vegas Pro 20 and then reinstalled the program which actually uninstalled Vegas Pro 20 and then Installed it again. All seemed to be working okay on a very long project I have been working on.  I could open Titles I had previously created (there are 54 of them and still 10 more to create & add).  I created a new title on the timeline, but Titler Pro 7 application would not fully open to allow me to edit it.  The window was just a blank white square not responding, so I deleted all my cache files, rebooted the machine and tried to open the same title, but it still would not open.  I deleted it, created a new title and got the same white square stating that it was not responding (used task manager to close it).= I searched your forum, but could not see where anyone else had this problem. I went to Google and got a find in the Vegas Create Software Forum: www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/newblue-titler-pro-7-open-fx-not-working--134275 I read it and it sounded like my problem.  I believe downloading and installing the program called Live2Post caused my issue.  The article states it downloads a “Limited” version of the Title Pro 7 Titler program.  It states Live2Post should only be used by those who do not own Titler Pro 7.  It can only import existing titles, but not create new ones.  Wished I had some preadivice as this could be an issue. I uninstalled Live2Post and then I reinstalled Total FX7 (which uninstalled the old version and then installed the new version) and rebooted once again.

That seemed to do the trick.  Now I can create new titles and am back in business – except.  In the Titler Pro 7 open window, I do not see the other 54 titles in the window below, just the one new title.  I only have 1 Title in the window but it seemed to pick up the Style and all from the last previous other title.  I’m kind of sort of okay with it.  I’m 83% done with a 2 hr 40 min project and probably only have another 10 titles to go.  I can sort of limp across the finish line with what I have, call it quits and then start using Vegas Pro 20 going forwards.

Oops, Spoke too soon .
I cannot open the Titler now on either the new title or the existing titles.  I can open the Titler Pro 7 in the Standalone App, but not inside of Vegas Pro 20. Not sure what steps to take next.

I probably should have not installed the Vegas Pro 20 with a live Vegas Pro 19 project still unfinished.
I should have just purchased it and waited to install it.  Still struggling with it, but Comments are most welcome.

Maybe I should have left the Live2Post program installed and just installed Total FX7 again to refresh the Title Pro program to the full version.

Thanks – Kittster
Last Edit:19 Aug 2022 18:30 by Kittster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Kittster on topic Titler Pro 7 not opening after installing Vegas Pro 20

Posted 18 Aug 2022 12:06 #2
I may have a fix for this.  I created a ticket for NewBlue and they reached out to me, but they simply wanted more info before pursing it.  Meanwhile, I got it going again, broke again, fixed again following these steps:

Deleted:           
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\19.0\plugin_manager_cache.bin
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\19.0\ svfx_plugin_cache.bin

Renamed:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\NewBlue\Titler\Cache      To:    C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\NewBlue\Titler\Cache-XXX 

Deleted all my Cache Files where I had saved my nbtitle files
D:\Users\user\Videos\Titler Pro 7\This Old House 

Reset Vegas Pro 19 to Default<Ctrl> <SHIFT> while clicking on the Vegas Pro 19 Icon

Created a new Title and it worked. Also, I could see my other 54 titles in the Title List window below. It Broke again when I opened a title that was not proper – had no title in it. It may have been created with that limited edition version from yesterday.

Repeated the steps above again, but it did not fix it this last time.

Good News and More Info.

I repeated the steps above and it seemed to be working.  When I got to a title that did not have a value (Date) in the variable, I deleted it, recreated it and the Titler worked.  I saved the new title on top of the name of the corrupted title.  I managed to get the rest of the corrupted titles fixed this way.

Then I broke it all over again and had to repeat the steps above to get it working once more.

How did I break it? 
I had renamed the file in the Project Media folder from A to B.  It works, but then I realized I it should have been named C instead of B.  I renamed it to C and then it broke all over again with the Titler not being able to open.  Renaming a project file must have corrupted some index or something.  Repeating the steps allowed me to correct it.  It’s confusing. 

I’ll be so glad when this project is over. Kittster
Last Edit:26 Aug 2022 11:12 by Kittster

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Titler Pro 7 not opening after installing Vegas Pro 20

Posted 19 Aug 2022 19:33 #3
My head is spinning 
I read all of your messages and my brain stopped working - I think I'm suffering from "problem overload".

Titler Pro 7 is working 100% OK in VEGAS Pro 19 and VEGAS Pro 20 on my own computer.
I've not had any other people report problems with Titler Pro 7 not working in VEGAS Pro 20.

Installing VEGAS Pro 20 should not have caused any negative effect on Titler Pro 7.
All versions of VEGAS Pro are completely separate from each other, and cannot effect each other in any way.

If you are still experiencing weird problems with Titler Pro 7 not working properly, the cause is most likely Live2Post.
I hate Live2Post - I wish I had never seen it or installed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More than 12 months ago I installed that program when I was a Beta Tester for Vegas Pro 19 - it completely screwed up my computer and I had to re-install Windows 10.

The "express" version of Titler Pro that comes with Live2Post is what screwed everything up.
This will be the cause of ALL your problems.

How to get Titler Pro 7 working again
What I recommend you do is a deep removal of all New Blue FX products on your computer.
This will remove all traces of bad code, before you reinstall only what you actually need.

On my computer, Titler Pro 7 stores all my saved presets and templates in my Documents folder here:
Documents\NewBlue\Titler Pro
REVO should not touch this folder at all, but just to be safe, you may like to make a copy of this folder and save it somewhere safe with a special folder name.

I recommend using a free program called REVO Uninstaller.
www.revouninstaller.com/products/revo-uninstaller-free/
Download and Install Revo

1. Open Revo Uninstaller

2. Press Company column, so that it sorts by software maker and find all NewBlue programs installed on your computer.

3. Now you are going to use Revo to uninstall these programs.
I am not going to uninstall NewBlue in my screen shot examples, because I don't want to screw up my computer, but I will use another program called VLC Player to use an example, so that I can show you what to do.

Right-click program and select Uninstall.

4. In the next window that opens, I don't think it is necessary to create a System Restore Point - you can do it if you want, but I've never had a problem.
Un-check Make a System Restore Point
Press Continue

5. Logically follow any uninstall windows that pop-up next, to complete uninstallation of program.

6. Now Revo will ask about performing a first Scan, to find remnants of the program you just uninstalled.
The Moderate setting usually works best.
Press Scan and it will look for stuff to remove.

7. Press Select All, then press the DELETE button.
Say Yes to the warning message that pops up next.
Press Next...

8. In the final window, leftover Files and Folders will now be displayed.
Press Select All, then press the DELETE button.
Say Yes to the warning message that pops up next.
Press Finish if needed.

The program has now completely been removed.

9. Go back and repeat the same process for any other NewBlue FX programs that remain.
You will have to re-register your License Keys for all NBFX products - the New Blue Application manager will do this for you, when you log back into it, after it gets reinstalled.

10. Re-boot your computer.

11. Re-install the NewBlue FX programs you actually use and DON'T reinstall Live2Post by accident.

12.  When you open VEGAS Pro to do a test, I recommend doing a full program reset.
This will force a new re-scan of all FX on your computer, including Titler Pro 7.

13. Hopefully everything is now back to normal.

14. If you still have problems, you will have to reinstall Live2Post and use REVO to uninstall it.
Then use REVO again, to uninstall everything you just reinstalled.
I hope that makes sense!

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:07 Jan 2024 08:30 by DoctorZen

Replied by Kittster on topic Titler Pro 7 not opening after installing Vegas Pro 20

Posted 20 Aug 2022 02:33 #4
Thank you Derek for your wonderful recap.  It is sincerely appreciated.  NewBlue reached out to me also with their suggestion which I will include in this remark, but quite honestly, I think I like yours better and seems simpler.  I have not heard of the Revo uninstaller program until today.  I also just saw it in the Vegas Creative Software forum.

I am 88% done with the project I'm on and hope to wrap it up in a day or two.  My Bandaid technique works, but only for a couple of hours and then the problem returns.  So, ultimately I need a permanent solution, but can limp across the finish line with either yours or NewBlue's suggestion.  NewBlue's suggestion did not understand I was using Total FX7 (which included Titler Pro 7) so their method basically removed all NewBlue products and then insalled Titler Pro 7 by itself.  I do not have a license for Titler Pro 7 - just the Total FX7.  It may work, but I think if I subsituted Reinstall Total FX7 it would work properly. I agree that the Live2Post was probably the main issue behind what broke it.

I will get back to this link after I finish the project and then test our your theory.  I'm sure it will work.  As I follow along on your steps, I will spot check them to see if the items NewBlue suggests removing are done so I can compare both techniques.  I'll let you know how it goes.

NewBlue's technique
1. Reboot your computer
2. Uninstall all versions of Titler currently on your system
3. Go to C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX and make sure Titler is removed
4. Go to C:\Program Files\NewBlue and make sure the folder NewBlue Titler Pro 2.0 for Windows is removed
5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlue and make sure the folder TitlerPro.ofx.bundle is removed
6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins\NewBlueFX and make sure the folder TitlerPro2.ofx.bundle is removed
7. Click Start and type Regedit, then run the app
8. Within Regedit, look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE, right-click NewBlue and select Delete
9. Next look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE, right click NewBlue and select Delete
10. Re-install Titler Pro 7:  <They gave a link to download Titler Pro 7 which I probably should not share >  Instead, I would reinstall Total FX7 instead.

Thanks again Derek.  I know you are busy and have your hands full of the website tweaking going on as well as interruptions from people like me.
Last Edit:20 Aug 2022 02:37 by Kittster
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 25 Aug 2022 12:44 #5
Had a rough day.  I tried all yours and NewBlues ideas to uninstall and reinstall TP7 on my PC and it worked for a little while, then stopped working and I would just get a blank white window trying to open an existing title. I cleaned everything out 3 times and had the same results. (Insanity?)
I did notice something.  It seems I thought my problems began when I installed VP20, but I see that in VP19 – I also had Live2Post checked during the installation setup.  So I uninstalled Live2Post, reinstalled Live2Post it and then Uninstalled it again cleaning up the registry and also using a program called Revo Uninstaller to do a clean Uninstall.
It seems TP7 works until I do one of the following two things:
  • Close down VP19 and then open it back up again   or
  • Rename the file in the project media bin from OFX something to the actual name of the title: 001 April 7, 1990.nbtitle
          (It was recommended to do that to rename the Project Media Files to help identity the titles on the timeline from YouTube videos)

At the moment, I have TP7 reinstalled and activated, but have not used it as I’m shutting down for the night. I’m thinking perhaps instead of trying to continue in Vegas Pro 19, maybe I should open the project in Vegas Pro 20 and hope that it will be cleaner and I can get the job done.  Since all the titles are in TP7 and no longer in TP5 from an upgrade last year, perhaps that would be the best next move at this point in time.

Otherwise since this project needs to be completed asap.  Over the weekend, I made 12 titles just using Vegas Pro Text to get my 1st rough cut rendered.  They almost look the same.  Maybe I should just leave it at that.  Soon, I will be upgrading to Windows 11 and with a clean install, maybe my problems will go away all by themselves.

Comments?

Thanks – Kitt Prible
Last Edit:25 Aug 2022 12:48 by Kittster

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Titler Pro 7 not opening after installing Vegas Pro 20

Posted 25 Aug 2022 13:36 #6
Every time you do an uninstall and reinstall of Titler Pro 7 or any other 3rd party Video FX plugins, I recommend doing a Full Reset of Vegas Pro.
This removes old references to 3rd party FX in the Temporary Files Folder (cache) and does a fresh rescan for new Video FX plugins.
Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/doctor-zen-faq/how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Tip: Every time you do a full program reset, you will need to change a few settings in the Preference Settings.
Go to Options / Preferences / General
#1 thing to to UN-CHECK is Automatically Open Last Project on Startup !!!!!!!!!
If you leave this on, it can cause pain if you open a project that is corrupted.

As I have said before, Vegas Pro 19 and Vegas Pro 20 do not interact with each other.
They are not the cause of your problem.
NewBlueFX is what caused the mess.

Step 1 is to test in a NEW Project.
Open Vegas Pro, go to Media Generators
Be patient and wait for everything to generate (especially after a full program reset).
Find Titler Pro 7 and drag to timeline
Try to create something basic and save the file.
Close Vegas Pro and re-open.
Re-open the Titler Pro 7 event and try to modify it.
Is it working now without doing strange things ?
If the test project is working, you now know your existing (older) projects are cause of problem.
If the test project fails, you now know NewBlueFX is completely screwed up!!!

If you're working on a saved project, finish it with the version of Vegas Pro it was created with.

If the test project proved Titler Pro 7 is OK, you can do this.
If you have Titler Pro 7 events in any project you are trying to re-open right now, I recommend DELETING every Titler Pro 7 event on the timeline.
Then go to Tools / Clean Project Media - this removes all traces of deleted events that are no longer on the timeline.
Finally, re-save the project file using File / Save As, and make sure to give it a NEW FILE NAME, and only open this new file from this point forward.

NewBlueFX is to blame for this problem
Unlike a program like Vegas Pro, which installs standalone versions, NewBlue writes over the current version installed.
So when folks make a mistake and install a "lesser version" of a program, it removes parts of the better version and screws everything up!

Here is the BAD News
I have always had Titler Pro installed on my computer, since version 2.
A few years ago, I tried to install Titler Pro Express, so that I could make some tutorials for it.
However, I discovered that installing Titler Pro Express (crap version), destroyed my Titler Pro install - stopped working properly.
I uninstalled everything and then only reinstalled Titler Pro - this did not fix problem.
I tried DEEP REMOVAL of all NewBlueFX on system.
Nothing worked!
Titler Pro Express damaged something in a file I could not locate.
After 3 days of agony, I realised there was only one thing left to do - do a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10.
Reinstalling Windows was the only thing that fixed the problem.
If you can't fix the problem, this is what I recommend you do, before you waste anymore time and lose your sanity.

Make sure to Backup All Data before attempting this, if you decide to do it.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Aug 2022 13:40 by DoctorZen

Posted 26 Aug 2022 05:49 #7
Derek,  I wholeheartedly agree with you.  Format C: is probably the best way out of this mess.  I have done all the correct techniques to do a clean uninstall, reinstall, clear all the cache, registry files as well as the Factory Resets in VP19.  I did the same for VP20 - tested and got the same results.  

Meanwhile, NewBlue reached out to me an hour ago. They are going to escalate my support ticket to a higher level and hopefully find a solution.

Here is my response back to them.
Here is what I have decided to do since after 3 clean installs yesterday, it failed in Vegas Pro 19.  I decided to try it out in Vegas Pro 20.  Same end results.  I can see the old titles I put in (66 of them) but cannot create a new title or edit an existing NB title.  The Standalone App window comes up all white and is not responding. Its time to move on, my fathers health is slipping rapidly, and this video is for him.  He may only have a few more days left to live. He got the rough draft in his hands today to begin watching, while I work on the Final Cut. I am going to create the Titles manually using Vegas Titles that look 95% the same as the TP7 except they are not 3D – Embossed etc.  But they can get the job done and that’s what I need to focus on as fixing TP7 is not an easy task.

I do feel that the whole situation could have been so easily avoided.  I don’t know who is at fault, but the installation package that I used to install the Magix Vegas Pro 20 included the option to install Live2Post.  I did not know that it was going to replace the TP7 with a Junior version of a Titler thus corrupting TP7 as the end result.  I think the Installer package should have been written better.  It should have had some Pseudo logic in it to verify if TP7 was already installed.  If so, then do not install the Jr package e.g.
If TP7 Exists
   Then do not install the Jr version
Else
   Install the Jr version
Endif

It could have been that easy to trap for this upfront.  What I do not know is if NewBlue wrote the piece of Live2Post installation code and it was simply “Called” by the Magix Vegas Pro installer package or if Magix wrote the Installer package start to finish.

My friend in Australia – MovieStudioZen came to the same conclusion I have – Format C: and start over again.  I think there is something stuck in the bowels of the ship that we are not finding and deleting cache, doing clean uninstalls etc is just not getting to the root of it.

I would love to format, but as you can see, time is not on my side.  Besides, most likely I will be upgrading to Windows 11 soon enough, so will just do it then.

Thanks for escalating the ticket on this – perhaps – I can only hope.
Last Edit:26 Aug 2022 05:54 by Kittster
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 26 Aug 2022 10:39 #8
You're not the only person experiencing problems!
I just found this thread on the official Vegas Pro Forums.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/newblue-titler-pro-7-open-fx-not-working--134275/

I'm glad you sent that message to NewBlueFX.
The installer for Live2Post should stop if it sees Titler Pro already installed on the computer and provide a pop-up window that explains what has happened.
I've seen plenty of other program installers do things like this!!!

Posted 26 Aug 2022 11:20 #9
Thanks Derek.  I did come across those forum comments a few days ago.  That's how the idea of Live2Post creating the problem got reinforced in my head.  It also gave me the tip to Delete these two files (which did not help as I cleared cache, registry etc).
   C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\19.0\plugin_manager_cache.bin
   C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VEGAS Pro\19.0\ svfx_plugin_cache.bin

Part of my job before I retired was to create install shield packages for the programs we developed.  I know how to do it but different installers have different code, so I simply put it in Psuedo Code instead.  I did like your idea of popping up a message Box window providing a User Reponse if they want to overide the TP7 version with a scaled down watered version.

The guy at NewBlue is is very empathetic to this problem and understands my need to get it done asap.  But he admits its over his head and had to pass it further along the stream for additional tech support.

Meanwhile, one good thing has come of it.  I am now officially using Vegas Pro 20 and so far I'm enjoying it very much.  After I complete this project, I will be able to do a speed render test and see if there are any improvements in VP20.

As always - Thanks for your help Derek.  I can see you have not given up the quest for a solution.
Neither have I, but it will be on the next project - a Test Project for TP7.
Last Edit:26 Aug 2022 11:21 by Kittster

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.878 seconds