Update History for VEGAS Pro 20
Compatible with: VEGAS Pro 20, VEGAS Edit 20 & VEGAS Post 20
- VEGAS Edit 20, VEGAS Pro 20 and VEGAS Post 20 (which includes VEGAS Effects & VEGAS Image), all use the same identical version of VEGAS Pro, which means all the build version updates listed below, will be compatible with the version of VEGAS Pro 20 you own.
- To find which build version of Vegas Pro you currently have installed, open VEGAS Pro and go to Help/About.
How to Download Vegas Pro 20?
You can download the latest build version of Vegas Pro, three different ways:
- Go to the MAGIX Download Center and enter your Serial Number.
- Use one of the Download Manager/Installers for the version of Vegas Pro you own - this will also install any extras that come with your version of VEGAS.
- Use one of the build version download links listed below, which are hosted on the official MAGIX servers. They're legit!
VEGAS Download Managers
Direct Download links for Latest and Older Build Versions
Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge users, please note!
Pressing direct download links will not work if using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, due to new security protocols.
You must right-click and select Save Link As. If a pop-up warning asks to Discard the file, press arrow and select Keep.
These are official MAGIX/VEGAS download links and are safe to download!
VEGAS Pro 20 New Features Help Document
Many users have asked for detailed help and descriptions of the new features made available for VEGAS Pro 21.
If you'd like to learn about the new features — download this document here.
This document is also available through the VEGAS Hub window inside the application.
Vegas Pro 20 [Build #411 / Update 5]
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Resonant Filter plugin will no longer cause a hang or crash
- VST plugins will no longer create excessive undo events
- General VST engine stability improvements
- Hang detection dialogs will no longer appear at improper times
- Can now drag multiple files from the Explorer window
- Fixed crashes which may occur when using some AI plugins
- Proper icons appear in the Video Effects editor
- Fixed a crash which may occur when decoding HEVC files
- Fixed crashes which may occur when decoding AVC files
- Improve Drag and Drop behavior in the Project Media window
Vegas Pro 20 [Build #403 / Update 4]
VEGAS Pro 20 Help document - Document contains descriptions of the new features
- Multiple Smart Masks
- Smart Mask generated shape improvements
- Transfer Text properties
- Window docking improvements
- Select a device for RAW processing
- RAW processing with CUDA
- Improvements to the Welcome screen
- New Sharp Model for Upscale plugin
- Support for Mocha shape data
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixes bug that stops VEGAS Pro 20 from completing the Boot-Up sequence. This is an emergency patch release (#403).
- Fixed incorrect interpretation of some parameters for certain Boris effects
- Aspect ratio handling in the Picture-in-Picture plugin now works as expected
- Swap Video Files functionality is now available in the Brazilian Portuguese version of VEGAS Pro
- Fixed a code issue which may cause a crash when loading the still image plug-in
- Closing the Bezier Mask window now properly exits edit mode
- Smart Mask is now properly listed as an AI effect
- The Record Time indicator in the status bar now properly displays very large values
- A Display Preference now enables the user to see CPU, Memory, and Disk usage values during playback
- The Welcome screen’s Open Existing Project button now remembers the location of the previous project opened
- Upscale OFX now works properly the first time is it added to an event from the Plug-in Chooser
- Fixed glitches in the Picture-in-Picture plugin when scaling
- Fixed focus issues for controls in the Color Grading panel
- Timeline size is properly set when opening a project
- Keyframes are no longer accidentally created
- Fixed an undo buffer error when using Smart Mask and Bezier Mask
- When adding media to timeline via Windows Explorer, VEGAS will now appropriately match the media and project settings
- Style Transfer no longer fails on some NVidia GPUs
- Can now deselect one or more items in the Explorer window after a Select All command through Ctrl+A
- The Tags box in the Project Media window now properly displays text
- Fixed a crash which may occur when removing Track FX
- Improved modeling for Colorization FX
- Selectively Past Attributes no longer incorrectly copies Crop FX parameters
- Fixed an issue which could cause a crash on startup
- Properly read spherical metadata in files which contain it
- Hub Explorer buttons remain visible even when collections have long names
- Fixed a problem which caused some VST plugins to hang or crash the application
Vegas Pro 20 [Build #370 / Update 3]
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Animate button is no longer hidden for several plugins
- Fixed issue in DeFlicker plugin which causes a crash while editing an event when the effect is before Pan/Crop in the effects chain
- Fixed crash which may occur when reading AVC media
- Fixed crash which may occur when rendering AVC media
- Fixed crash which may occur when opening a layout
- Fixed race condition which may cause a hang on startup.
- Project will now be set properly all the time when user requests to match media settings
Vegas Pro 20 [Build #326 / Update 2]
- New AI engine
- VST3 support (full release)
- Hover Scrub bypass
- UX Improvements for File Drop workflow
- Flemish option in Text to Speech
- New Newsfeed Mechanism
- Higher quality audio output for Text-to-Speech
- Add or replace plug-ins in an FX chain
- Hue vs Luminance color curve
- Saturation vs Luminance
- Luminance vs Saturation
- Picture-in-Picture plugin enhancements
- Language support: Brazilian Portuguese
- Smart Mask (beta)
- Welcome screen
- Animation control over individual Bézier mask points
- Indicator of active Auto Ripple Edit mode
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a crash which may occur when reading HEVC files
- Fixed an issue during the Paste Attributes function when overwriting current event settings
- Audio effects window auto resizing now works as expected
- The preference to disable auto resizing of audio effects now works as expected
- Resolved an issue that could cause the application to lock up during motion tracking
- Turning off the 32-bit VST support preference now properly clears out plugins
- Auto Update for the Deep Learning Modules now works as expected
- Progress bar and the time remaining fields in the Render Progress dialog now work correctly for all formats
- SetResampleMode in VideoEvent object of the scripting API now works properly
- Improved resolution when zooming in the Video Preview window
- Resolved some zoom drawing issues in the Video Preview window
- Grids and Safe Areas overlays now behave correctly while zooming the Video Preview
- Fixed crash when using Motion Blur with some AMD GPUs
- Fixed crash which could occur when using the Warp Flow effect
- Eliminated unexpected results of using the scroll wheel over the Video Preview window when VEGAS is not the application currently in focus
- File explorer no longer accidentally interprets a double click on a folder or file as a rename operation
- Keyboard shortcuts no longer conflict between Smart Tags and Preview Zoom features
- Resolved an issue where window layouts would not properly persist upon relaunching VEGAS with more than two or three application extensions
- Fixed Parallelogram mode in the Picture-in-Picture effect
- VEGAS now automatically detects Nahimic service and sets the WPF GPU preference to avoid UI corruption
- Render template for HEIC image sequence now properly named
- Fixed issue where the auto-update feature was not able to see some GPUs
- Fixed problem where the Color Grading panel may open at an effect level labeled “None”
- Motion Tracking panel no longer crashes on an empty event
- Fixed Driver Update utility so that it accurately works for customers using EnglishThe combination of a Bézier point and linear point no longer creates an invalid curve shape on the FX animation timeline
- Files rendered as ProRes now properly report as VBR
- VEGAS no longer crashes when rendering using the MainConcept MPEG-1 VCD PAL template with no video frames present.
- Duplicate events are no longer created when dragging media to the timeline from the details view of the Project Media window
- Fixed a crash which may occur when generating thumbnails for WMV media
- Resolved an issue that could cause problems when you apply the Slow Motion plugin or the Warp Flow transition
- Updated many message boxes to reflect the UI color scheme
- Upscale effect now is place automatically before Pan/Crop in the FX chain
- The Color Grading plugin no longer is accidentally added to events while the user is not in color grading mode
- The Color Grading panel is no longer active when attached to the track level and no track is selected
- The Render Progress dialog now properly reports the free disk space value when doing a pre-render
- MXF renders properly embed the writing application in the metadata for the media
- The Aerial and Drone category in VEGAS Content provides no results
Deep Learning Models 20.4
- switch to ONNX format
- 2 more style transfer models (Munch - Scream, Simpsons)
- mask generation model
Vegas Pro 20 [Build #214 / Update 1]
- Hue vs Saturation color curve
- Saturation vs Saturation color curve
- Color picker for color curves
- Zoomable preview
- Comment field for File Drop
- AI-generated Thumbnails for File Drop files
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Scrolling through presets for GL Transitions now works properly
- Black Bar Fill displays as expected on 5000 series AMD GPUs
- Fixed issues in Hue vs. Hue color curve for graphs jumping unexpectedly
- Sorting issues in the Hub Explorer fixed
- Fixed crash in File Explorer which occasionally occurs when RED media is in the current directory
- Various improvements and fixes to the color curves
- Fixed crash which could happen during peak building
- Fixed issue with Media FX occasionally causing preview and render errors
- Style Transfer presets now work properly when custom style mode is active
- Malformed 608 Closed Caption commands no longer cause a render crash
- Fixes and improvements to Paste Attributes functionality
- Fixed crash which will occur when rendering to ProRes and the "Allow source to adjust frame size" custom template option is used
- Change to help prevent a hang on shut down caused by some GPU drivers
- Fixed issue which caused an occasional hang during playback
- Picture-in-Picture effect now runs faster on Intel GPUs
- When importing multiple files at once, all the files are now selected after the import in the Project Media window
- Preference put in place to turn off and on 32-bit VST support
- EXR files now appear properly in the Explorer window and Import Media window
- Upgrade to VST engine
- Faster custom Style Transfer engine
- Fixed crash which may occur when the batch render script is executed.
- Fixed issues with render that are created was 360 media
- Mouse wheel adjustments made in the color grading panel are now always applied to the proper control
- Fixed crash on startup when the VST Plugin Scanner is run
- Add Folder to Timeline option in the Explorer window now works as expected
- Interface color options in the preferences dialog now have swatches that accurately reflect the color schemes
- Fix problem where BCC+ plugins would not work as expected
- New more accurate algorithm for applying color grading to 32 bit projects.
- Added missing ability to select specific FX in the Selectively Paste Attributes dialog
- Added a menu item to launch the hardware detection utility
- Improve the performance of the project collections in VEGAS Hub
- Fixed crash which may occur after adding an OGG file
- Fixed undo buffer issue when a project is closed
- Improved performance of AI plugins
- Fixed problem with hardware decoding of GoPro and DJI files
- Some issues with the window layout may occur when launching this update for the first time. To resolve, you may need to reset your window layout.
- Users will not be prompted to update the Deep Learning Models. This must be done manually by downloading the installer for the Deep Learning Models from the VEGAS Creative Software website.
Deep Learning Models 20.2
- More performant Colorization model (for CPU and GPU)
- New Custom Style Transfer model (better results, faster execution, lower memory consumption)
- More performant and accurate Style Transfer Models (GPU only)
- More performant and smooth Upscaler models (GPU only)
Vegas Pro 20 [Build #139 / Release version]
- File Drop for fast collaboration
- Automatic project collections
- Local project archives
- Speech to Text functionality, including automatic subtitle generation (official release - 365 subscribers only)
- White Balance controls in the Color Grading Panel
- Hue adjustment curves in the Color Grading Panel
- VST3 support
- VST 32-bit bridge
- Optical Flow mode for Warp Flow and Smart Split
- Real-time Optical Flow for the Slow Motion FX
- Normalize button for events
- Fade In/Out included in Paste Event Attributes
- Automatic region creation in Scene Detection
- Honeycomb and Color Planes presets for GL transitions
- [VEGAS Stream] ATEM switcher support
- [VEGAS Stream] Save to VEGAS Pro now organizes all assets in one folder
- [VEGAS Stream] Double click a graphic to open it in Title Designer
What's New in VEGAS Pro 20
- White balance controls: The White Balance controls in the Color Grading panel help you correct colors caused by light temperatures that weren’t accounted for in the camera during shooting. Different types of lights have different color temperatures with sunlight of around 5,700 Kalvin being used as a “natural-light” baseline target. The Temperature slider enables you to adjust your color temperature to more closely match sunlight so that whites really look white instead of having a color cast from incorrectly set color temperature. The Tint slider enables you to lighten or darken your colors by adding a magenta or green tint. The Color picker enables you to sample a neutral color (white or gray) and have the software apply an automatic temperature adjustment for you.
- Hue vs. Hue color curve: This curve enables you to isolate a specific range of color (hues) in your video and change the hue of that range to a different hue. For example, if someone is wearing a blue shirt, you could isolate a range of blue hues and then adjust just that range of hues to a different hue value in order to change the color of the shirt without affecting any other colors in the video (although anything within that blue range will be affected, not just the shirt). This can be used for a drastic special effect such as this, or for more subtle color grading and correction that affects just a specific color range in your video.
- VEGAS Hub mobile app: Upload media files directly from your mobile device into your VEGAS Hub cloud storage.
- Automatic project collections: A Project collection organizes all of your project’s assets into a single view that you can easily access through the Hub Explorer window. These collections provide fast and easy access to all of your projects and their associated files. When you save your project, VEGAS Pro automatically creates a project collection, or updates your existing collection. You can then access the media within a project collection and use it in the same or a different project. You can upload your collections to your VEGAS Hub file storage to archive your projects and the associated media
- File Drop: The File Drop feature enables you to quickly gather media for your project from collaborators no matter where you or they are located. It makes transferring files to the project’s editor very easy. With File Drop, you can invite anyone to upload files to your VEGAS Hub storage space and from there quickly download those files to your local drives so you can use them in your projects.
- New VST 32-bit bridge (beta): The new improved VST 32-bit bridge allows legacy 32-bit VST plugins to be used within VEGAS (which requires 64-bit). This provides improved stability and performance of these legacy VST plug-ins.
- VST3 support (beta): VST3 is the latest version of the VST standard for supporting audio plug-ins such as reverbs, delays, equalizers, and so on inside digital audio software. VEGAS Pro can now support VST3 audio plug-ins along with the VST2 plug-in support that it has supported in previous versions. Support for VST3 ensures that VEGAS Pro can work with the most modern VST audio plug-ins available.
- New GL transitions: Two new transitions have been added: Honeycomb creates a honeycomb effect that transitions from one video to the next. Color Planes breaks the images into their RGB components, changes from the first image to the second, and then recombines the three color planes into one composite color image of the second video
- Transition Progress envelopes with animation: The Transition Progress envelope enables the user to control the rate of a transition over time and animate the progress so that it goes fast, slower, or even in reverse. This gives the user power to create custom transition behavior and includes Bèzier curve tools for complete control over the rate of change between animation points along the curve.
- Scene detection creates regions: The Scene Detection plug-in now features the ability to automatically create regions over the detected scenes of the clip inside a timeline clip event. These regions appear on the timeline and can be useful in a number of ways including as a mode of the Batch Render script to enable the user to quickly render individual files for each separate scene that has been detected.