Information We Collect
*As of 1st May 2018, we only collect the information we need to create your account and provide support: your Name, Email address and Country you live in. At the time of creating your account, you may also indicate a preference to receive the Movie Studio Zen **Newsletter about new tutorials and special offers.
Once collected, we will not disclose this information to third parties and will protect this information in accordance with our strict security and confidentiality standards. We do not offer or allow the selling of any user provided information to third parties.
*If you created an account on Movie Studio Zen before 1st May 2018, you may have provided your home/business address details. Providing your home/business address details before this date was always a voluntary option. If you provided your home/business address details in the past and would like to remove all or part of that data, please login to your account and browse to Support/Edit User Profile, then delete your address data. The only part of your address data that we must know, is what country you live in, so that we can stay compliant with your local laws and regulations.
Why do we ask which Country you live in ?
Movie Studio Zen has members in most countries and regions of the world. Each country and region is governed by different local laws and regulations. For Movie Studio Zen to stay compliant with local laws and regulations surrounding data protection, we need to know which country you live in.
From the 25th May 2018, the European Union will be enforcing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Many members of the Movie Studio Zen website/forum live in the EU and Movie Studio Zen has now implemented the changes necessary to be compliant with this regulation.
Correcting, Updating or Deleting your Personal Information
If after creating an account you no longer desire our services or would like to update and/or remove your user information, you can do so by logging into the Movie Studio Zen website and browsing to Support/Edit User Profile and editing or deleting your User Profile and Account.
If you chose to Delete your Account, all your data will be removed permanently from our database.
If you would like to unsubscribe from the Movie Studio Zen Newsletter, press the unsubscribe link here.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal data, such as your name and contact information, to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. Movie Studio Zen uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Communication. To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send you, including personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third party products and services.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the information provided on the Movie Studio Zen website and forum; to evaluate and improve Movie Studio Zen products, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
Cookies and Tracking
- Third Party Providers. Third Party Providers on Movie Studio Zen are companies which have their Advertisements showing on the website & forum, Google Analytics services and Mailchimp marketing automation services.
- Cookies. These are small text files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to understand how users navigate through the Movie Studio Zen website and forum.
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or clicked, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
How We Protect Your Information / Security
The security of your information is important to us. Movie Studio Zen has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the Movie Studio Zen website.
Movie Studio Zen uses Comodo SSL encryption to protect all your data.
Links to other Websites
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we, Movie Studio Zen, are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personal identification information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Owner and Editor for Movie Studio Zen
24th May 2018