VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question SALE: Stablization applications for Sony Movie Studio Platinum and Vegas Pro

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557
If anyone needs a really good Stabilizer for fixing there shaky video, two of the best programs/apps are on sale for Black Friday promotions.

1. The best of the best (truly!) is ProDad's Mercalli® V4 SAL+
www.prodrenalin.com/mercalli-v4-sal-plus/

This is a SAL = Stand Alone application, so you use this outside of Movie Studio/Vegas Pro and then import the corrected video back into your project.
What makes this unique is it's ability to correct all different types of motion. x, y and z axis and CMOS sensor problems.

It is a $300 program, however I received an email a few days ago, letting me know that it will be on sale for 1 day only on the 27th November 2015 for Black Friday Sale. If you use the link above, the price will not activate until 27th Nov USA time. I have had my eye on this program for a while and am pretty sure I am going to get it this time.
Use Coupon Code MV4-99 to get Mercalli® V4 SAL+ for only $99.95

Just to add some confusion (not really) there a few months ago ProDad released a Mercalli Suite for Vegas Pro only.
www.prodad.com/home/products/video_optimization/mercalli_v4_plug_in_sony_vegas,l-us.html

This is a $400 package and includes the first product I mentioned above plus an inbuilt function that works with Sony Vegas.
$400 is too much for most people, including myself. However if you buy the SAL version first, you can them upgrade to Suite version at a fraction of the price - this is what I intend to do.

2. New Blue FX also make a Stabilizer that works as a Video FX inside Movie Studio Platinum and Vegas Pro.
www.newbluefx.com/products/stabilizer?plugin=//youtube.com/embed/6LKlRDKKjvw#vid

It is 30% off for Sale period.
This app is in between Sony Stabilizer and Mercalli - definitely not as good as Mercalli, but better than Sony

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Nov 2015 20:05 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six
The topic has been locked.
Derek,

I used your link about to find the sale price of ProDad's Mercalli® V4 SAL+ but it still shows it at the full price of $299. You think maybe they had a change of heart ? :-)

OOps ... sorry, just spotted the Coupon code we're supposed to use. WOW! $99 is a great buy. I was going to go the NewBlueFX route for $69 but based on your review I think I will now get the ProDad V$ SAL+, although having the stabilizer built into SONY Movie studio is a plus for me. Is there really that much difference between them?
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Last Edit:28 Nov 2015 03:49 by MrGrunthunter
Thanks Derek for passing this on......it is exactly what I have been holding for.

FYI: I downloaded the Mercalli V4 SAL, run the installation and entered the license code. I got hung up on a DOS screen while it attempted to unlock the demo mode. I tried this several times over 2 hours. I finally called support and it appears telephone support is closed for today (Thanksgiving holiday maybe). Then before giving up I tried the unlock button again, and it wroked perfectly.

I think maybe their server has been overwhelmed with others taking advantage of their Black Friday deal.

So, if anyone gets a PA error #1, my suggestion is to be patient and try, try again.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:28 Nov 2015 04:44 by Eagle Six
I went ahead and ordered the mercalli also. With that promo code you can't beat the price $99 for it . Glad you reviewed it and gave us the code.Thanks for all of that as well.

Eagle Six wrote: Thanks Derek for passing this on......it is exactly what I have been holding for.

FYI: I downloaded the Mercalli V4 SAL, run the installation and entered the license code. I got hung up on a DOS screen while it attempted to unlock the demo mode. I tried this several times over 2 hours. I finally called support and it appears telephone support is closed for today (Thanksgiving holiday maybe). Then before giving up I tried the unlock button again, and it worked perfectly.

I think maybe their server has been overwhelmed with others taking advantage of their Black Friday deal.

So, if anyone gets a PA error #1, my suggestion is to be patient and try, try again.

I can't even get their site to send me the demo download link. I even tried purchasing the program and inserted the promo code but it was still trying to charge me full price so I backed out. Could be their computer crashed. If so. I hope they'll still honor their Black Friday coupon when they open back up on Monday.
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3

GTX-1070
Last Edit:28 Nov 2015 09:57 by MrGrunthunter

MrGrunthunter wrote:

Eagle Six wrote: Thanks Derek for passing this on......it is exactly what I have been holding for.

FYI: I downloaded the Mercalli V4 SAL, run the installation and entered the license code. I got hung up on a DOS screen while it attempted to unlock the demo mode. I tried this several times over 2 hours. I finally called support and it appears telephone support is closed for today (Thanksgiving holiday maybe). Then before giving up I tried the unlock button again, and it worked perfectly.

I can't even get their site to send me the demo download link. I even tried purchasing the program and inserted the promo code but it was still trying to charge me full price so I backed out. Could be their computer crashed. If so. I hope they'll still honor their Black Friday coupon when they open back up on Monday.

I would expect their server is getting hammered. It took well over 3 hours for me to get the email receipt for the purchase. If I didn't have success getting the discount code to work by now, I think I would just continue periodically into the evening, and maybe their system will catchup.

I would also agree with you, if they have had major problems from their Balck Friday offer, on their end, they will most likely extend it in some fashion. I hope you get it soon.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter
When I go to the site and insert my name and email address it then says an email has been sent to me and to check my in box but nothing shows up. I guess I'll just have to keep trying. Thanks for the reply.

If they don't honor their coupon then I'll really be upset because I passed on the NewBlueFX Black Friday $69 offer for their stabilizing software.

GTX-1070
Last Edit:28 Nov 2015 11:03 by MrGrunthunter
  • DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
I just went to the link I provided for Mercalli V4 SAL+, press the $299 price option and then entered promo code MV4-99 - discount is being applied correctly and website is working 100% OK.

It's 2:30 PM 28th November 2015 Sydney time when I am writing this message now.
It's 7:30 PM 27th November 2015 Los Angeles time also, so there are 4 1/2 hours left before Promo Code MV4-99 expires.

The only thing I can suggest is that you clean/delete all of the History/Cookies from your web browser and try again. If you get bad cookies from order form stuck in a web browser, it can cause havoc.

I have learnt from the past to never try and activate "trial versions of software" - it also seems to be problematic.
Best thing to do is completely un-install trial version, re-boot computer and then download and install full version you just paid for. That's what I did and everything worked OK.

Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Nov 2015 14:30 by DoctorZen

DoctorZen wrote: I just went to the link I provided for Mercalli V4 SAL+, press the $299 price option and then entered promo code MV4-99 - discount is being applied correctly and website is working 100% OK.

It's 2:30 PM 28th November 2015 Sydney time when I am writing this message now.
It's 7:30 PM 27th November 2015 Los Angeles time also, so there are 4 1/2 hours left before Promo Code MV4-99 expires.

The only thing I can suggest is that you clean/delete all of the History/Cookies from your web browser and try again. If you get bad cookies from order form stuck in a web browser, it can cause havoc.

I have learnt from the past to never try and activate "trial versions of software" - it also seems to be problematic.
Best thing to do is completely un-install trial version, re-boot computer and then download and install full version you just paid for. That's what I did and everything worked OK.

Derek.

I just received a note from them so I figured their computers must be working now. I downloaded the trial version and got frustrated because I couldn't get the MV4-99 coupon to work so I uninstalled it. I went back and went through the purchasing process on their website and the MV4-99 coupon worked fine. Program is installed, unlocked, and appears to be running fine now. Now I just need to learn how to use it 'properly' :-)

You think you might make a tutorial on it anytime soon Derek?

GTX-1070
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six
  • DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
Glad it all worked out for you :)

I will do some tutorials with Mercalli in the New Year.
My plan is to strap some GoPro's onto my Niece's and Nephews at Christmas and get some suitable test videos.

December is going to be a very busy month for me, due to projects that are already on the way. The last two days have been pretty exhausting with the large amount of new subscribers and questions that have flooded my YouTube Channel and Forum. :? :woohoo: :silly:

All the best.
Derek
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.833 seconds