VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved New to forum new to Vegas pro 14 can't seem to get the hang of making Protype Titler to work

Hey all ,,, Long time radio host diving in to tv .. No stranger to editing audio ..little on the amateur side of when it comes to video ..but picking it up fast . I can't seem to figure out Pro titler .. When I go to collections and pick Rolling glow and enlarge preset , I highlight the text and delete text to put in my own and the whole effect disappears from the event line ,, Just can't seem to figure out how to get rid of their text so I can use my own
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Jerry

I stopped using ProType Titler many years ago, after New Blue FX released Titler Pro, so my knowledge of using this is shrunk a bit.
I do remember the frustration of learning how to use Pro Type Titler.

The trick to editing words is this.
1. Add preset from collections to blank timeline using double-click - lets use Float & Pop as an example.
2. Click on top of Float & Pop, then press Edit button at top that looks like an I-beam.
3. Step three is the holy grail move. You must now select ALL of the Text by dragging mouse pointer from "first to last letter" or "last to first letter".

4. Now type the new text you want. This time the key-frames and effects will stay in place.
5. Press ESC key to exit Edit Mode and press Play button.

If you get lost, I found an excellent tutorial on YouTube for you to watch here.
Please note that he is using an older version of the Titler, so that is why some of the controls are in different positions.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 23:15 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerrysoutdoorsshow

Thank you so much ... It worked !!! I must have tried 100 times before
and was like how can this be so hard to figure out ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

jerrysoutdoorsshow wrote: I must have tried 100 times before and was like how can this be so hard to figure out ...

I feel your pain and understand completely.
[IMG

I'm glad you can have some fun now :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

I have been reading that operators are experiencing problems with their title software. Someone had written that they use Bluff Titler. I decided to have another look at Pro Tilter that comes with Vegas for free.
I also had a look on YouTube to see if there were any good tutorials on ProTitler. Well, there is one - have a look at the following link:
I have started using Pro Titler and actually find it quite good and has lots of features that may not be obvious at first, but as I get into it I like it more and more.......for the average operator I think it's quite ideal!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, pioneer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.756 seconds