VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Chapter Markers - How to render with video file?

Chapter Markers - How to render with video file? was created by frankmlucas

Posted 03 Jul 2016 13:42 #1
Movie Studio has a 'Make Movie' button. Is using that feature the only way to render a movie that includes chapter markers?
Sleep is the best meditation.
Last Edit:03 Jul 2016 15:16 by frankmlucas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Chapter Markers - How to render with video file?

Posted 03 Jul 2016 15:15 #2
Hi Frank

Which exact version of Movie Studio are you using ?
In version 13, they removed Render As function button and forced everyone to use Make Movie instead.
It means exactly the same thing.

If you go to Make Movie/Save to Hard Drive/Advanced Options
You are now in the Render As window, but have to press Render Options at top.
Now you can select to save project markers in rendered media file.

If you are using an older version, setting is at bottom of this window.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by frankmlucas on topic Chapter Markers - How to render with video file?

Posted 04 Jul 2016 00:05 #3
Thanks, I've been looking for this for years.

I ask this question because I don't prefer the extreme compression used by Movie Studio 12 Platinum that reduces a 20GB video to 3GB and some (suitable for a single-density disk). I would prefer to bring my rendered file into DVD Architect 5 and create a finished project on a double-density disk in order to achieve greater resolution.

Any thoughts?

Posted 04 Jul 2016 00:23 #4
Which specific output format and template are you referring to ?
Are you making DVDs or Blu-ray discs ?

If you use the correct output, your video will not be super compressed.
Blu-ray supports very high Bit Rates.
If you are talking about DVDs, every DVD that has ever been made on Earth, can only support a maximum Bit Rate of 9.5 Mbps.
If you are working with HD video files, you need to ditch DVD and make Blu-ray discs.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by frankmlucas on topic Chapter Markers - How to render with video file?

Posted 04 Jul 2016 00:55 #5
I'm just a simple man, Derek. I make single-density DVDs but I'd prefer a less-compressed, larger video file and don't mind the higher cost of double-density DVDs to get a better video image.

Blu-ray is very nice, I'm sure but that's more than I'm after, for now. In your screen capture, you show the 'MainConcept MPEG-2' with the DVD Architect template. Seems like a good choice. Would you recommend starting there?

Posted 04 Jul 2016 13:34 #6
I completely understand where you are coming from and do the same thing myself, when I make DVDs.
I have an older tutorial which you can actually use to generate Custom Higher Bite Rates for DVD.
How to Compress and Fit a Long Video onto a DVD

Even though this tutorial says "compress", you can use the same method to "expand" your Bit Rates.
By using the Bit Rate Calculator, enter the total amount of time for your video and make sure to set disc type to Dual Layer 8.5GB.
The calculator will then tell you which bit rates to use, so that ALL of the DVD is used for the video.
Just make sure to add 3% to 5% for the Safety Margin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by vkmast on topic Chapter Markers - How to render with video file?

Posted 04 Jul 2016 19:47 #7
And use only Verbatim DVD+R DL AZO discs.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Posted 06 Jul 2016 11:36 #8
Why those in particular? Do you know what "AZO" means?

Posted 06 Jul 2016 12:33 #9

frankmlucas wrote: Why those in particular? Do you know what "AZO" means?

AZO is a high quality dye that Verbatim uses on their discs, which is meant to be more stable over a longer period of time.
Cheaper recordable discs you find at Best Buy and the $1 shop, only use cheap dyes and can degrade quickly over time or if exposed to too much light and heat.

Posted 06 Jul 2016 13:52 #10
Derek, Derek, I know now, I figured it our: You're French. I can tell by the accent. Boy oh boy, it's eluded me for the longest time. So? What part of France are you from?

:razz:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.243 seconds