VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved No change in playback

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5

No change in playback was created by phiwe

Posted 01 Jun 2017 18:14 #1
When i use this method in properties under video event my playback speed stays same.

Where do i activate this feature & how do i disable smart resample on the entire timeline, highlighting the entire timeline does not allowe me?

Using msp12
by phiwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic No change in playback

Posted 01 Jun 2017 21:24 #2
The playback rate is for the events frame speed not the timeline playback speed. A playback speed of 50% results in 50% slow motion in your exported file.

You cannot disable resample to the entire timeline. There is no global setting. You have to do it to each event. There has been much discussion on this in the Magix Vegas Forums. A global setting is, I believe, available in Vegas Pro.
Last Edit:01 Jun 2017 23:10 by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic No change in playback

Posted 01 Jun 2017 23:13 #3
You can change the re-sampling mode for as many videos as you like, in Movie Studio Platinum 12.

Highlight all the videos you want to change.
Then right-click one of the Videos (make sure not to select Audio component and only Video component).
Go to Switches and set to Disable Re-Sample.
All clips will change.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by phiwe on topic No change in playback

Posted 02 Jun 2017 06:53 #4
Tanks dr zen.
by phiwe
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 02 Jun 2017 08:22 #5
Thanks for that Derek. It still works in MS14. A bit tedious though if you have many events to select.

Edit: Actually it's not that tedious. Say you want to change all the events in your project. You can do each track by Shift clicking on the first and last events on the track to select them all then go into switches to change them all. So the amount of work involved depends just on the number of tracks.
Last Edit:02 Jun 2017 08:31 by ericlnz

Replied by vkmast on topic No change in playback

Posted 03 Jun 2017 01:59 #6
In Movie Studio Platinum 12 (and 14) there is of course also the option to Select Events to End and then go to Switches.
Last Edit:03 Jun 2017 02:01 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic No change in playback

Posted 03 Jun 2017 11:27 #7

In Movie Studio Platinum 12 (and 14) there is of course also the option to Select Events to End and then go to Switches.

Thanks vkmast - this is the same method I use !
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

Posted 03 Jun 2017 12:43 #8
Tks. Get's even better. Strangely the option isn't in Edit/Select where I went looking for it, but in a right click.
by ericlnz

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 25 Jun 2017 03:13 #9

ericlnz wrote: The playback rate is for the events frame speed not the timeline playback speed. A playback speed of 50% results in 50% slow motion in your exported file.

You cannot disable resample to the entire timeline. There is no global setting. You have to do it to each event. There has been much discussion on this in the Magix Vegas Forums. A global setting is, I believe, available in Vegas Pro.

I have not received the answer to my other quest. Where do i activate this to work, slowing down the frame rate on the event in timeline by putting in a number.
Last Edit:25 Jun 2017 15:20 by phiwe
Attachments:

• phiwe
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 25 Jun 2017 03:14 #10
Wrong attachment. Hope u get me.
by phiwe

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds