VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Files in Project menu won't open

Files in Project menu won't open was created by Don1937

Posted 29 Nov 2018 07:09 #1
None of my files in the in the 'Project' menu of Movie Studio Platinum 14.0 will open. I have lost the project I am working on.
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 08:42 by Don1937

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Files in Project menu won't open

Posted 29 Nov 2018 10:14 #2
Projects listed under the Project Menu, are only temporary references to your latest projects.
If a project disappears from this list or refuses to open, it has not been lost.

The default location for Vegas Movie Studio 14 projects is here:
Documents/Movie Studio 14 Platinum Projects
Unless you changed the default location, every project you have saved recently should be located here.

To take full control over where your projects are being saved, make sure to use the function Project/Save As (don't use just Save).

There is an easy way to find any lost projects on your computer, if you are using Windows 10.
Type .vf into the Windows Search Bar (next to Windows Start button).
Select the document icon at top of search box to select Document files only.
To view the full list of results, scroll to bottom of search box and select .vf - Search in File Explorer

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Nov 2018 10:16 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don1937

Replied by Don1937 on topic Files in Project menu won't open

Posted 06 Dec 2018 22:10 #3
Thank you. I was able to retrieve the files. However, part of the problem seems to have been in a faulty HD which has since been replaced.
by Don1937

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.755 seconds