VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Final render is a little choppy

Final render is a little choppy was created by huskereurocat

Posted 15 Feb 2019 17:27 #1
After rendering my videos I find them a little choppy or stuttery if that is a word. Not bad but it is noticible. I have attached my render settings and would like to know if they look right or is there a setting that I'm overlooking?
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:18 Feb 2019 09:22 by huskereurocat
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Final render is a little choppy

Posted 15 Feb 2019 17:55 #2
What is the Frame Rate and Frame Size for your Source video clips ?
Go to the Project Media tab and select one of your videos.
Below it will post a readout of your exact video properties.
Upload a screen shot.

What is the Frame Rate and Frame Size you selected in the Project Properties ?
Upload a screen shot.

If any of these settings do not match precisely, it may cause a stuttering effect.

Have you added Zooms and Pans to your project ?
If you zoom and pan too much, this can sometimes cause a stuttering effect, however normally for 60 fps video this is not a problem.

Is there a specific reason why you have selected MAGIX HEVC/AAC MP4 ?
Normally this output type is used for 4K video output.

Have you tried rendering to MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4 instead ?
Does this also produce stuttering ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Final render is a little choppy

Posted 15 Feb 2019 18:27 #3
Here is a screenshot of my project properties.

Original source is 1920x1080 60fps

I see that the render setting is 59.94. Is that going to make a difference? I can't seem change it to 60. It just keeps reverting back to the smaller framerate.

I only have about 10-15 clips that I use the zoom feature on.

I was under the impression that MAGIX HEVC/AAC MP4 was better somehow.

I tried the MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4 and it is better, but still stutters a bit.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:15 Feb 2019 18:30 by huskereurocat
Attachments:

Posted 15 Feb 2019 19:31 #4
Is the stuttering an issue with just MS or Vegas Pro as well?

Posted 15 Feb 2019 20:09 #5
Before you do anything else, make sure you have installed the final build version for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15.
I am assuming this is the version you are using ?
If the answer is yes, open Vegas and go to Help/About - here you will find the build version
If you don't have build #157 installed, download from here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/611-vegas-movie-studio-15-update-history

I see that the render setting is 59.94. Is that going to make a difference? I can't seem change it to 60. It just keeps reverting back to the smaller frame rate.

A tiny frame rate shift may cause a problem. On my computer I can change 59.94 to 60.00
You are using Nvidia NVENC, which may be part of the problem and why you can't change to 60.00
Try setting the Encode Mode = Mainconcept AVC and then see if you can edit 59.94 to 60.00 fps

I was under the impression that MAGIX HEVC/AAC MP4 was better somehow.

HEVC was invented mainly for 4K video output, because it can make smaller file sizes without loosing quality.
However, HEVC is not 100% supported by all devices and websites.

I tried the MAGIX AVC/AAC MP4 and it is better, but still stutters a bit.

AVC/AAC is supported everywhere and is the safest option when rendering 1080p video.

Is the stuttering an issue with just MS or Vegas Pro as well?

There is no problem with stuttering in Movie Studio and Vegas Pro - no bugs that would cause this.
Your problem is being caused by something in your project and/or your settings.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Posted 15 Feb 2019 21:05 #6
I am indeed using build 157.
Changed my render settings to the following and it seemed to be much better. The test was only a small clip of the full project. We'll see how it turns out when I render the full project.
Do I have the settings correct now?

Attachments:

Posted 15 Feb 2019 23:05 #7

Do I have the settings correct now?

Set Profile = High - this is the highest quality setting, however sometimes HIGH is not compatible with older devices.
Main is generally considered the safe setting.

My graphics card is older than yours, so I can't render with NVENC.
I have heard some users experience problems when rendering with Nvidia's NVENC under certain circumstances.
The model of Graphics Card and Driver combination, is what produces different results for some people.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Final render is a little choppy

Posted 16 Feb 2019 02:09 #8
Have you tried 'Disable Resample'? Right click on a clip/event in the timeline, select 'Properties', change from 'Smart Resample' to 'Disable Resample'. You can Select All in the timeline, then right click on any event selected and make this change and it will then change everything selected.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 16 Feb 2019 12:47 #9

Eagle Six wrote: Have you tried 'Disable Resample'? Right click on a clip/event in the timeline, select 'Properties', change from 'Smart Resample' to 'Disable Resample'. You can Select All in the timeline, then right click on any event selected and make this change and it will then change everything selected.

I should have mentioned that myself! Thanks for adding the suggestion Eagle Six :woohoo:

Posted 16 Feb 2019 15:54 #10
Eagle Six - Yep I already do the 'Disable Resample' thing to all the video clips in my project, but thanks for the suggestion.

Doc - It seems to have been a lot of what was going on with my PC. Apps running in the background were having conflicts with my Madden 08 program. I went into startup items in task manager and disabled the startup apps. I figure that if I need them I will just open them. Nothing was critical for my PC to operate. If anyone cares to take a gander at what the real footage should look like or have suggestions on settings that would make it better, here is a rendered sample that has not been edited. I used the mainconcept profile that I made after your suggestion. Also here is a screenshot of what my CPU and memory usage during rendering. Looks to use the vast majority of my PC, but it looks as though my memory is fine.

Here is the path to the rendered unedited clip. I use the sharpen Fx on default and it seems to make things a bit crisper than the actual recorded footage. I was pleased with that. YT video
Please let me know if there is a setting or fx that you think would make the video look better. Remember this is a decade old program so it isn't going to look near as awesome as Madden 19. But I think I have the jittery/stuttering thing under control. Thanks!!!
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.013 seconds