VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Transparent PNG wont render transparent

Transparent PNG wont render transparent was created by ROReasy

Posted 15 Nov 2020 00:43 #1
Made an Overlay in PowerPoint with a white rectangle that i made 30% transparent. Behind this rectangle there are Blue Lines.
These Lines becom less visable behind the white rectangle and are more visable when they have passed it.
The PNGs i received from PowerPoint are fine - adding them to MovieStudio works fine (preview ist exactly as wanted)

But when i render the Video the lines are only visable in those parts, where they are not behind the white rectangle...

Doing the same Process in Windows MovieMaker works out fine...

Does somebody know what i have to do, to get the same result in MovieStudio?
Last Edit:15 Nov 2020 07:24 by ROReasy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Transparent PNG wont render transparent

Posted 15 Nov 2020 12:40 #2
Two questions :

Which export render template are you using?
Are you using GPU at all for rendering. If so try using CPU only to see if that makes any difference.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Transparent PNG wont render transparent

Posted 15 Nov 2020 15:30 #3
We need to know which exact export render template you are using.
Example: Magix AVC/AAC - Internet HD 1080p

Also, which exact version of Vegas Movie Studio are you using?
Which build version do you have installed?

To find build version, go to Help/About.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by ROReasy on topic Transparent PNG wont render transparent

Posted 15 Nov 2020 23:44 #4
I'm just using one of those that gets recommended

saving to Harddrive -> MP4 -> Says 1920x1080 (what ever the standard setting may be for this template)
so i'm guessing i have to take the advanced options, chose a other template and change it my specifications.

Is there any template you would recommend that i change?
Endresult is suppose to be just a simple 1080p Video with 30fps. Its going to be 15-20 minutes long.

My Solution with brightening the colors and changeing the transparancy in PowerPoint also worked but that isn't really the way i wanted to solve this.
by ROReasy

Posted 15 Nov 2020 23:48 #5
One of the Default Templates that get offered in the Menu -> MP4 1920x1080

Same question as the guy before: which template would you recommend and how should i change it (if needed)?

I'm not sure if its Vegas Movie Studio - it's called Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 (which is suppose to be like Vegas but the lite-version?)
by ROReasy

Posted 16 Nov 2020 07:16 #6
Can you please upload a copy of the overlay you made Power Point, so I can test it out myself.
If the file size is larger than 2.9 MBs, send it to me in an email instead.
help@moviestudiozen.com
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 16 Nov 2020 08:37 #7
the zip-file contains:
4x PNG Images that i used (Information is blacked out) - i also used the images these images to render a video and recreate what my problem was.
1x PowePoint-file (with the parameters set to values that worked for me) - MSZ-Test
1x PowerPont-file (with the parameters where i had problems) - MSZ-Test-original

(Edit: not working values should be: rectangles: 20%, line: 70%)
Changing these Values solved the Problem - i just dont get, why Windows MovieMaker didn't seem to have a problem with that : /

i'm interested to hear what you find out! : )
Last Edit:16 Nov 2020 08:52 by ROReasy
Attachments:

Posted 17 Nov 2020 11:05 #8
I am not knowledgeable enough to know exactly what is going on here.
I can confirm the same behaviour in all versions of Vegas.

I think it has something to do with the type of .png file that Power Point is outputting.
Power Point does not offer advanced settings for outputting a .png file, like Photoshop does.
It may have something to do with how "gamma levels" are interpreted in a video project.

If you would like to get a 100% accurate answer as to what the actual problem is, I recommend you post this problem on the official Vegas Forums here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-movie-studio-forum/

I did find an alternate solution that worked in Vegas.
If you output the Power Point slide as a video.mp4 file instead of a .png file, the transparency levels render correctly in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

If you do post your problem on the official Vegas Forums and get an answer, please ley me know what the explanation is.

Regards
Derek
Last Edit:17 Nov 2020 11:07 by DoctorZen

Replied by FayFen on topic Transparent PNG wont render transparent

Posted 18 Nov 2020 15:44 #9
If those samples were upload for all...
more could help.
by FayFen

Posted 18 Nov 2020 19:24 #10

FayFen wrote: If those samples were upload for all...
more could help.

The samples were uploaded in a zip file here!!!
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/2743-transparent-png-wont-render-transparent#13896

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds