VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Movie Studio 2023 Upgrade Offer with ProDAD Mercali V6 Sal

Hi, I am looking at upgrading my Movie Studio 2022 to ver 2023 on a Pre-Order offer from Magix.  This includes Mercali V6 Sal.  I have used V4 in the past with Adobe, but it no longer works and I cannot find the License Key anymore.

My questions are this:  

If I take the Magix Offer to get the new Movie Studio Suite 2023 which Includes Mercali V6 will Mercali still work when Magix decides to upgrade their Suite in the future?

Is Mercali V6 a stand alone product or will it work inside as a plugin with an existing Host such as Vegas Pro 20 and Movie Studio 2023?

I've tried contacting ProDAD directly, but after 20 attempts, I cannot get past their 6 digit Image Verfification Code to submit my Sales Contact Questions.

I tried Contacting Magix to open a support ticket, but am lost and cannot find how to do that anymore.

I just saw this offer today and the special price of $69.99 expires on Aug 28.

Thank you in advance Derek for any insight you can provide.  I was very pleased with with Mercali V4 in the past and see it has been significanlty improved.

Kitt Prible  (Kittster)
Last Edit:01 Sep 2022 13:05 by Kittster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Movie Studio 2023 Upgrade Offer with ProDAD Mercali V6 Sal

Posted 21 Aug 2022 11:39 #2
Movie Studio 2023 is not a Vegas product.  It's Magix Movie Edit Pro renamed and a very different programme to the old, now discontinued, Vegas Movie Studio.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 2023 Upgrade Offer with ProDAD Mercali V6 Sal

Posted 21 Aug 2022 12:01 #3
I haven't seen this upgrade offer that includes ProDAD Mercali V6 Sal.
There is no mention of this on the official sales page.
Is this an email that was sent to you ?
Please open the page that shows this deal, then COPY and PASTE the URL Address into the forum here, so that I can view the details.

In the past when Magix has offered Mercalli as a "Bonus Add-On", there was a 2 year licence limitation, which meant that it only worked for 2 years.
As you already know, Mercalli V4 SAL has just been released. This is the standalone version of Mercalli only - it does not include VEGAS Pro integration - that is a different product and they haven't released V6 of that yet.

If you can retrieve your license key from customer support, I recommend buying the upgrade for $75, which is on sales for next 4 weeks.
www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V6-SAL-Windows-97864,l-us.html

To contact ProDad Customer Support, try using their direct email address instead of the online form.
They will need to know the email address you used to purchase Mercalli V4, to retrieve the License Key.

Online contact forms with Captcha, may block you if you make too many unsuccessful attempts.
Try using a different web browser. Write your message and save to notepad first, so you can copy to form if you want to trey form again.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Kittster on topic Movie Studio 2023 Upgrade Offer with ProDAD Mercali V6 Sal

Posted 22 Aug 2022 04:07 #4
Thanks Dr. Zen for your tips.   I'll try to answer your questions as best I can and also reach out to ProDad as suggested.

I believe I saw the offer when I opened up either Vegas Pro 19 or 20.  I may have even opened up Movie Studio 2022 and got it. 
It was one of these Sales offers that popup on the bottom lower right corner of the screen.  This is the Link:

Link to deal

I do believe that you are right. I remember getting a very old version of V1 with V2 free upgrade.  It must have been through Sony as eventually the license ran out and I upgraded to V4.  I still have the files but lost the keys.  The file name is:  mercalli-40-sony64bit.exe  This makes me think it was an addon for Sony Vegas back in the day.  The exe timestamp was 04/20/2016

I'll send a letter to ProDad at customerservice@prodad.com  subject=Customer Service
I'm not sure about the subject=Customer Service at the end, but will try to get someone in Customer Service to lookup my key.  I'm still using the same email address as when I purchased it.
I may have found the old Key for V1, perhaps that was used in the upgrade.

The Captcha definitely blocked me from trying to get in as I posed my question to them. << See PS at the Bottom as this got resolved >>

I will also ask them this question as the link to upgrade to Movie Studio 2023 states:
"Upgrade to the brand-new version today (Movie Studio 2023 I think it means) and receive it upon its summer release! Includes premium add-on by proDAD!"
Is this a plugin for Movie Studio 2023 only or will I get the Standalone application?

I think in the Official Add from ProDad, it costs: (Using Promo Code: summer22
   $75 to upgrade to the full version 6 otherwise from version 5
 $100 to upgrade from version V3/V4

I have not actually used Movie Studio 2022 yet.  I bought it last year when they were offering it with the Total FX7 new Blue package.  Mercali just for Movie Studio 2023 does not really float my boat so much, but it could be useful.  I would prefer a plugin for Vegas Pro 20 as that is where my future projects are all lined up to go. But the Standalone with a perpetual license is I would say "Appealing".

I'll let you know what ProDAD says after I hear back from them.

PS - I found my ProDad Mercali V1 license which I used to upgrade to V4.  I'll still send my question to them via email.  But also, I saw my ProDad form still in my browser filled out from yesterday with a Captcha that did not work in Firefox.  I copied and pasted all of the data into Microsoft Edge and it worked today.  I may be working this from 2 angles, but hopefully someone will get back to me shortly.

Thanks again - Kitt

Last Edit:23 Aug 2022 12:40 by Kittster

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio 2023 Upgrade Offer with ProDAD Mercali V6 Sal

Posted 22 Aug 2022 15:05 #5
I am making this reply to test the forum.
Your reply above seems to have broken the forum.
Not sure what is going on, that would make this happen.

Thanks for posting link to that deal 
It appears the very long link is breaking something in the forum - now I have another bug to report.

Link to deal

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Aug 2022 12:41 by DoctorZen

Replied by Kittster on topic Movie Studio 2023 Upgrade Offer with ProDAD Mercali V6 Sal

Posted 23 Aug 2022 01:10 #6
Hi Derek,
Sorry I seem to have broken your forum.  I hope it was an easy fix.
At any rate, I have had a couple of responses back from proDAD about the Mercalli V6 SAL Offer.  I'll copy them in below:
This was in response to the Magix Link to upgrade Movie Studio 2022 to ver 2023 for $69.99 which Includes Mercalli V6 SAL

Link to deal

Hello,
if you purchase Mercalli V6 SAL through MAGIX, then you will receive a new code for activation. You do not need the Mercalli V4 code for this. Mercalli V6 SAL is a stand alone version only, without Plugins.
With kind regards
Uwe Wenz
Customer Support Manager

And then I got another reply from proDAD after I downloaded the Trial version of Mercalli V6 SAL from the link you sent me :
www.prodad.com/Video-Stabilization-for-Professionals/Mercalli-V6-SAL-Windows-97864,l-us.html

Thank you for your interest in our proDAD products (Mercalli, ProDRENALIN, ReSpeedr, DeFishr, HIDE, VitaScene, Heroglyph, Adorage, Disguise) and for taking the time to download and evaluate our trial software. We hope that you have had a positive experience so far. Please let me know how your trial is going or if you have any questions.I can also help you get the best price. So, if you think you will be able to purchase within your trial period, I will gladly extend you a discount to help with your decision.  And, if you are interested in multiple licenses, we also offer corporate volume discounts and multi-user pack pricing for home use.Thank you for your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.Mit freundlichen Grüßen/
With kind regards
Holger Schmid
proDAD GmbH

www.prodad.com

In my case using the discount code of summer22 and previously owning Mercalli V4 - my upgrade price would be $100.
Clearly Magix has the better deal at the moment.  I hope to give the trail version a whirl in the next two days to make my final decision.  I could have used it in a couple of places on the project I am rending now.  Those tricky spots would be a good starting point to test the worst case condition of a shaky camera on full zoom in a car from 31 years ago.

I'll post my final decision on if I upgrade or not.  Its kind of a no brainer - getting Mercalli V6 SAL gives me a free upgrade to Movie Studio 2023 if I look at it that way. I have until August 28 to make my final decision with Magix.

Thanks - Kitt

Last Edit:23 Aug 2022 12:41 by Kittster

Posted 24 Aug 2022 04:07 #7
Lots of communications with proDAD over this subject.  Bottom line for me seems to be to take the Magix Offer of $69.99 to Upgrade Movie Studio 2022 to ver 2023 which includes the SAL version of Mercalli V6 using this link by August 28, 2022:

Product link  

Otherwise, the 2nd best offer for those who don't own Movie Studio 2022 would be to take the offer directly from proDAD and pay the upgrade based on current version of Mercalli you already own before Sept 22, 2022. Use the discount code of summer22 to get the special pricing.

Product link

Otherwise if you don't own either a previous version of Movie Studio or Mercalli, then the full discounted price of Mercalli for the Full blown App is $299 after the discount code of summer22

Product link

I am ready to begin testing the Free Trial version next before I make up my mind, but I pretty well know already I will purchase it and consider the Movie Studio 2023 a free Addon.

Next question to ponder after I purchase the Magix Suite.  It comes with Suite exclusive: NewBlue light effects. 

I'm wondering if I should ignore install those Light Effects as I already own Total FX7 from NewBlue.  I don't want to mess up my Total FX7 installation.  My gut feel tells me not to install them.

I'll let you know how I like Mercalli V6 SAL shortly.

Last Edit:24 Aug 2022 12:57 by Kittster

Posted 24 Aug 2022 05:33 #8
I installed the demo and haven't really played with it yet but...
I just watched this 7½ min tutorial demonstrating the features and was quite impressed.  This is so much more advanced then the last time I saw this product perhaps 12 years ago.  What really caught my eye was the ability to setup batch processing, trim the individual clips, apply individual corrections to each clip (including color enhancements) and then render out to either one long combined file or into separate files. 

Somehow I feel a credit card coming out of my wallet: 

Kittster

Posted 24 Aug 2022 11:31 #9
Well, I went ahead with the upgrade after downloading the trial version of Mercalli V6 SAL.  I must say I was very impressed with the test that I did on 10 files as this product worked quicker and easier then 2 other stabilizers I have inside of Vegas Pro.  I think I liked the ability to do batch processing the best, that is what put me over the top.

After my purchase, I got an confirmation email back from Magix stating I will get a follow up email once Movie Studio 2023 becomes available later in August.  It also said I will get download instructions and key(s) in that email for both products.  So at the moment, I have a trial version of Mercalli installed until I get that confirmation email.  I can wait.

Note: Once I downloaded the Mercalli Trial, It had a little window on the side with several Youtube videos.  They were very informative on how to use the product and saved me a lot of time getting some actual testing done this afternoon.

Kittster
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 01 Sep 2022 10:32 #10
Greetings,  I got my Mercalli V6 SAL License yesterday with the Movie Studio 2023 upgrade.  I installed it and got it running.
I have finished a long video (2h 40m) for my father on a restoration job.  His 8mm camera was going bad towards the end.  The last 20 minutes were very jittery.  I broke it up into 5 4 minutes clips and ran each one through Mercalli and got very satisfactory results.

The only thing I have not really been able to get a firm handle on in the program is getting the borders proper so they are not seen bouncing / moving all around a centered stabilized video.  I can play with that later as I'm racing the clock getting this done for my father who is on Hospice and health is slipping rapidly. 

So, I took a shortcut and basically put a garbage matter around the video, kind of shrinking it in so the bouncing edges are not visible.  I'm about to render it out and mail it out to him tomorrow. 

I'll look for some YouTube videos in a few days on how to do this properly, but need to get this out tomorrow.

Kittster

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.932 seconds