VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio Platinum 12: Video FX window won't open

Movie Studio Platinum 12: Video FX window won't open was created by pixelsmithy

Posted 19 Sep 2015 02:35 #1
I can select the first Video FX that I want to use, and the little FX button then turns green, but the Video FX dialog does not display. It doesn't matter how I try to open it (right-clicking in the clip and selecting Video Event FX... from the pop-up menu, or using keyboard shortcuts.... NOTHING happens.

Screenshot here

I've tried restarting Movie Studio with the resetting of All Defaults, but same result.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Movie Studio Platinum 12: Video FX window won't open

Posted 19 Sep 2015 10:56 #2
Hi Pixel Smithy

The program is not broken, your Video Event FX window has either slid off the desktop or is docked into the tabbed window area.
I can't see all of your desktop, so I don't know which option applies to you.

If you have accidentally docked the Video Event FX window, it will be located here.
Grab hold of the handle "row of vertical dots" and drag back onto the timeline.

If the Video Event FX window has slid of the desktop, it will be hiding underneath your Windows Taskbar.
Right-click Taskbar and select Properties.
Turn ON Auto-hide Taskbar - apply & OK.
If you can see window, drag it back up. Once done, you can reset the Taskbar back to staying on.

If you have TWO monitors connected, make sure to turn on Monitor No.2 and see if anything is hiding there.

Lastly, you can do a full reset of the program which will default all settings and clean the Vegas Cache.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:02 Oct 2015 20:29 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.747 seconds