VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201.

VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201. was created by Eagle eye.

Posted 04 Dec 2016 07:28 #1
Hi Derek hope you are over your persistant Flu? Are you aware of the VEGAS Pro 14 build 201 update www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/news-forum/ I am still new to this software and am surprised you don't get an Alert as used to happen in MSP14. Can you confirm this is the new update the MAGIX way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201.

Posted 04 Dec 2016 12:04 #2
Derek may still be enjoying a well-earned good night's sleep, but I'm sure he knows about this update. The Vegas Pro 14 build 201 is at the moment the latest update as informed on the MAGIX Vegas user forum (News section, Important posts, Patches) by the community manager who is "responsible for vegascreativesoftware.info." The link in his post is correct and legit AFAIK. You should create an account on www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/ . See what you find there.

It's unfortunate that MAGIX have not yet got around to informing about the updates "officially" as clearly and extensively as the previous software owner. At the moment it's as one user wrote, "If you [are] not member of this [MAGIX VEGAS Beta ] forum, or being informed by a member you don't know that there is an update."
Last Edit:04 Dec 2016 12:07 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Peter, Eagle eye.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201.

Posted 04 Dec 2016 12:44 #3
I should have posted about the new build version when it was released - sorry about that.
I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the "holes" in Magix's communication system and have given up trying to pursue answers. I don't understand why this is still dragging on and don't understand why subscribing to the Vegas Creative Software Newsletter doesn't send any messages about Vegas.

I was premature when I posted a message about my health a few weeks ago and relapsed a few days afterwards. Whatever virus landed in my town, it has affected anyone that caught it the same way. It has almost (touch wood) left my system now after 5 weeks, but I have cracked my rib cartilage from coughing so hard and it bloody hurts like hell.

I am trying to re-boot myself this weekend and working out a new plan for moving forward. I had planned a big release for this website before Christmas, but have postponed that to the New Year now.

Cheers :)
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Replied by Peter on topic VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201.

Posted 04 Dec 2016 13:15 #4
Hi Eagle Eye,
The VEGAS Pro 14 build 201 update installs with no problem and performs in a stable manner from my experience.
Hope that this helps.
Regards,
Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201.

Posted 04 Dec 2016 14:12 #5
I have gotten quite a few adds and offers from MAGIX but the more important communications about Updates are just missing. I agree MAGIX could do better.

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201.

Posted 04 Dec 2016 16:47 #6
Thankfully I discovered there was an update by watching Derek's review of VP14. I had an old build and proDAD Mercalli and NewBlueFX wasn't showing up. After I updated to build 201 my Mercalli and NewBlue showup. That said , however, I cannot use them because their activation codes were never provided. It's been a week now since I submitted a support request and I'm still waiting to see if I'll ever receive the activation codes. In the mean time I can use VP14 without them and I have proDAD Mercalli 4 as a stand-alone that I purchased last year when I was only using Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum Suite.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201.

Posted 05 Dec 2016 22:40 #7
@MrGrunthunter

It's been a week now since I submitted a support request and I'm still waiting to see if I'll ever receive the activation codes.

If you have still not received a reply back from Magix support, I would post a message on the official Vegas Pro Forum and voice your displeasure there.
Magix employees appear to be monitoring this forum and do post replies.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

Very disappointing that Magix support is so slow in replying to simple requests.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:05 Dec 2016 23:35 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

Posted 06 Dec 2016 03:06 #8
Thanks for the website link Derek. I didn't have that. I was finally able to get through to their customer support number 1-(395)722-5819 last Thursday and was told I reached the 'wrong' department and that the Technical dept didn't have a phone number LOL. They told me that they would raise my issue to a high priority and forward it to the other department. I will give them through today to respond and then I'll post comments on the other site. Thanks again for the link.
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3

GTX-1070

Replied by vkmast on topic VEGAS Pro 14 update to build 201.

Posted 06 Dec 2016 03:17 #9
Good luck with your efforts, MrG. I have not yet gathered up enough courage to purchase from MAGIX Vegas.
by vkmast

Posted 06 Dec 2016 03:23 #10

vkmast wrote: Good luck with your efforts, MrG. I have not yet gathered up enough courage to purchase from MAGIX Vegas.

Thanks vkmast. We'll see what happens. At least I still have Movie Studio 13 and SONY Vegas 13 loaded on my computer. I had started getting quite comfortable with SMS and have actually gone back to use it on occasion :-) Hopefully we'll start seeing more tutorials for VP14 getting posted.

GTX-1070

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.117 seconds