Solved Project in Vegas Pro 17 not responding.

• Thank you received: 30

Project in Vegas Pro 17 not responding. was created by pioneer

I had downloaded an intro file from the Net which I had modified several times in Pro16 with no problem even today I made a short intro clip with no problem, I now find in Pro17 after a couple of plays the program freezes and states not responding. I have looked at most of the project files in both 16 and 17, sadly for the life of me I cannot see what the problem might be. I wondered if somebody could look at the veg file and see if they can see a possible conflict/ problem. or perhaps its how Ive got 17 set up. Again its no big deal as I can do what I need to do in 16. Cheers John

File Attachment:

File Name: Sanstitre.veg
File Size:24 KB
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
27 Aug 2019 01:07 #1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1425

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Project in Vegas Pro 17 not responding.

I can't test the project without the source media files.
Videos, audio, etc...

You can upload a copy of the files to your Google Drive and then provide a download link.

If you have a Google account, you also have access to Google Drive for file sharing, which is free to use.
If you are already signed into Google on Chrome web browser, you can access from here:

Right-click My Drive and create a new folder, then upload files.

Right-click folder (under My Drive) or file (if sharing just one file), and select Get Shareable Link.
Then copy link into the forum.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
27 Aug 2019 11:14 #2
Attachments:

Replied by pioneer on topic Project in Vegas Pro 17 not responding.

drive.google.com/open?id=1UyuGJGI2GckGYvhj5pSdCJnWctt29rDg
I have only shared files with individuals in the past so I hope this works as it should Derek. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
27 Aug 2019 17:07 #3

That worked perfectly !
Everything downloaded OK.
I will look at this tomorrow morning and report back to you soon.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
27 Aug 2019 17:13 #4

Thanks Derek, I can only assume with this problem its something with my setup as it works in Pro16 and not Pro17. Cheers for taking the time John
27 Aug 2019 18:19 #5

Hi again Pioneer

Sorry for the delay.
A few unexpected shit storms hit my website and sucked the life out of me, and I also had to get another MRI scan yesterday, which is a 4 hour return trip for me.
I also discovered my website has disappeared from Bing search, Yahoo search and Duck Duck Go search.
Something happened when I moved my website onto a new web hosting service and no one can work out what is causing it!
Thankfully it is still showing in Google search.

Back to your problem...
I loaded up your project in Vegas Pro 17 and it's working beautifully :)
I just upgraded my ancient GPU to a modern Nvidia RTX 2060, so keep in mind my play back is very good.
If you're using an old GPU, maybe try turning GPU Acceleration off in Options/Preferences/Video (remember to re-boot Vegas every time you change this setting).

There is also a setting in your project that could be the issue !

Here are your current Project Property settings.
You should never set 60(59.94) fps video to Interlaced - always use Progressive.
Only if you are making Blu-ray discs, would you use Interlaced settings and with a Frame Rate of 29.97 fps, not 59.94 fps

Use this instead:

30 Aug 2019 11:11 #6
Attachments:

Good morning Derek, it was good of you to look at this with all you've got going on with your life, I am grateful. After reading your post I checked the differences in the set ups between ver16 and 17 the major one as far as I could see was the GPU Acceleration in 16 was set to my Intel and in 17 it was set to my Nvidia GPU. so I duly set ver17 to the Intel and all works ok now. So once again thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
30 Aug 2019 17:38 #7

That is good news!

Just out of interest, which model Nvidia graphics card are you using and which Nvidia Driver do you have installed.
Right-click your Desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel.
Go to Help/System Information
Model is on Left and Driver is on Right.
30 Aug 2019 17:56 #8

Its in my HP envy laptop. GeForce 940m..... driver 422.02
30 Aug 2019 19:18 #9

There are much newer Nvidia drivers you could try for your 940M.

This is the latest driver that is certified to work with your 940M.
www.geforce.com/drivers/results/150583

I would download it and give it a go.
If it doesn't work out, you can always roll back to your original driver.
30 Aug 2019 19:40 #10

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.