VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Hi I'm TheNewGuy

Hi I'm TheNewGuy was created by TheNewGuy

Posted 28 Jun 2014 08:28 #1
Hi all,

I'm new here, but I've been using Movie Studio Platinum 13 since March, I think.

Anyway, I've seen Derek's videos on YouTube, some of which have really helped me out and I decided that I'd like to learn more about the software I'm using and fix the complications that I'm experiencing, so I'm joining the Movie Studio Zen community. :)

Looking forward to working with everyone,

TheNewGuy
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Hi I'm TheNewGuy

Posted 28 Jun 2014 13:35 #2
Welcome to the Forum The New Guy !

Derek :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Sep 2014 01:03 by DoctorZen

Replied by TheNewGuy on topic Hi I'm TheNewGuy

Posted 28 Jun 2014 14:03 #3
Thanks Derek!

Looking forward to learning more from you.

I did post under movie studio 13, any guidance is greatly appreciated!

TheNewGuy

Replied by themikejohnson on topic Hi I'm TheNewGuy

Posted 07 Oct 2014 15:12 #4
Derek - You are the best and appreciate the value you have created for us newbies. I have joined the forum and look forward to learning as much as possible and making my vids look a lot better. So the question I posed on your YouTube was should I upgrade from Sony MS12 Platinum to MS 13 Platinum. I already have DVD Arch Studio 5 and Soundforge 10 and I looked at the comparison chart from www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope/compare that only two additions for MS 13 Plat was FXHOME video effects and BorisFX video effects units, but (as Pee Wee Herman said, everyone I know has a big but...) I think the biggie new improved deal with MS 13 is the proxy editing process and how it may improve when I do vid editing on my Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 Laptop: Core i5 3210M 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, 15.6" 1366x768 LED, Intel HD 4000 which as you can tell by those specs is like a kiddie toy but it is what I have and need to use. Unfortunately I missed the great bargain you had and am now hoping and praying Sony may do something similar to what they did November 2013 which enabled me to upgrade from Version 11 to Sony MS12 for free. Any other info is helpful as I really really would love to have my 6 minute vids render in less than 14 hours.
Currently have Sony Movie Studio 13 Plat editing on a CyberpowerPC Desktop Computer Gamer Xtreme S302 Intel Core i7 6700K (4.00 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD 250 GB SSD AMD Radeon R9 380 4 GB Windows 10 Home 64-Bit. My cameras include Sony HDR CX380, Kodak zi8 and a Sony PCMM10 for Digital Audio Recorder.

Posted 07 Oct 2014 15:22 #5
I guess I should add the vids I have already made:

The band I am in vimeo.com/bus13/videos

One of my YouTube channels www.youtube.com/user/SocialMediaTipsVideo/videos

Another I used to do but not have added to www.youtube.com/user/rccnychapter/videos

My cameras are the Kodak zi8 and the Sony HDR CX380

I also use an external Dig audio recorder which is the Sony PCMM10
Currently have Sony Movie Studio 13 Plat editing on a CyberpowerPC Desktop Computer Gamer Xtreme S302 Intel Core i7 6700K (4.00 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 2 TB HDD 250 GB SSD AMD Radeon R9 380 4 GB Windows 10 Home 64-Bit. My cameras include Sony HDR CX380, Kodak zi8 and a Sony PCMM10 for Digital Audio Recorder.

Posted 07 Oct 2014 18:42 #6
Sony Creative Software is always doing promotions.
I am always looking out for them and will always notify everyone when they are on.
I quite often send out quick messages via Twitter, Google+ and Facebook.

Your videos should not be taking 14 hours to render.
I suspect your laptop is deliberately limiting your CPU's speed. This is very common and particular to laptops, because they are trying to save battery power.
I have a really old tutorial which will show you some things to check. Change your Windows power settings and you may be surprised with the speed increase. Always render with the power connected.
How to Speed Up Rendering Times in Sony Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: themikejohnson

Posted 09 Oct 2014 02:18 #7
HI Derek - yes I did catch up on your vids and saw that I was able to use the render option CLDA but I am still getting the long 12 hour render time. It is a 6 minute clip with one using vid from my Kodak zi8 and the other using vid from my sony hdrcx380. I removed the audio tracks from the two vid clips as I am using the wav file from my sonypcmm10. I made the clips black and white and copied the wav file so I have 2 wav audio files. If I was to have the files/project on my external hard drive would that help or make no difference to the render time? thanks in advance.

Posted 09 Oct 2014 13:52 #8
A 6 minute video should not be taking 12 hours to render - even on a slow computer !
Did you add Video Fx to the project ? If so which ones ?

Have you watched this video yet ?
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-movie-studio-platinum/516-1080p-video-in-movie-studio-platinum-13

I have never heard or seen CLDA. What exactly do you mean by this ?
Which Render As Format and Template are you using ?
Example:
Format = Mainconcept AVC/AAC, Template = Internet HD 1080p
Which Encode Mode are you using ?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.944 seconds