Learn all about Settings, Keyboard Short Cuts, Tools, Functions and how to start Editing video, using (Magix) Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 video editing software.
This is the perfect first tutorial to watch, if you have just purchased Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum and are officially feeling overwhelmed and freaking out quite a lot! In this tutorial I teach you how to use all the most common editing tools and functions in the program. I also explain the full workflow for making a project from the very beginning, right to the end.
This is one of those tutorials where it is far better to simply watch the video than read confusing explanations in a written article, so I recommend you make a cup of tea or crack open some beers and enjoy this lengthy jam packed video tutorial. If you have any questions afterwards, post a friendly comment below or go to the Movie Studio Zen Forum and post your questions there. The MSZ Forum is a better place to ask questions, if you have something more complicated to explain. On the forum, you can upload screen shots to better explain any problem you may be experiencing.
Topics Covered in this Beginners Guide Tutorial
- How to Customize Important Settings, for better editing performance.
- How to Start a New Project
- How to Organise your Media Files
- How to Set your Project Video Properties
- Understanding Different/Older Video Formats and Settings
- How to Manually Set your Project Properties
- How to Create and Save a Custom Template
- How to Import your Videos and Media Files
- How to use the most popular Editing Tools and Functions
- Explanation of New Timeline Tools
- How to Create Fades and Transitions
- How to use Event Pan/Crop Tool for Zooming and Cropping
- How to use the Track Motion Tool to create Picture in Picture FX
- How to add Titles and Text
- How to Render your Videos
- How to Upload a Video to YouTube
Which Video Region do you live in ?
You need to tell Vegas Movie Studio which region you live in or what type of camera you use. There are three main video systems being used on Planet Earth - NTSC, PAL and SECAM. If you are un-sure as to which system your country/region uses, then please refer to this excellent map on Wikipedia.
Please note that if you are in a SECAM country, you can also use the PAL System. So always choose PAL in Movie Studio settings.