VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved New Forum Design and Bugs to be aware of...

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557

New Forum Design and Bugs to be aware of... was created by DoctorZen

Posted 20 Oct 2016 17:24 #1
Hello all forum members.

I am stuck in a catch 22 situation at the moment and apologise for some of the problems right now.

The forum uses an open source program called Kunena for Joomla. A major update was released for Kunena and I am now using version 5.
There are a limited amount of template designs available for the new version.

There are two main problems right now.
1. Code for Kunena 5 is a BIG change from all previous versions, so there are many new bugs being discovered all the time.
2. Code for template design is also new and also has some bugs.....sounds a bit like Vegas Pro 14 :ermm:

I have reported all the bugs I have found so far and am patiently waiting for new build releases.
If you find any BUGS in the forum, please report them to me here.

Bugs to be aware of
1. [strike]Main bug is with Search - forum search does not work at all right now.
Main Search function for the website is unaffected by this problem, because it is hosted by Google.[/strike]

2. [strike]New feature allows all users to set their status to Online, Away, Busy or Invisible - status keeps changing and is not stable.[/strike]
Make sure when you are online, to set status to Online if you want to be visible to other forum members.

3. [strike]Pagination may get stuck under certain circumstances and stops you from being able to move from page 1 to page 2....
If this happens, go to address bar and remove the hash #5432 number at end of string and re-load page - pagination will now work OK again.[/strike]

4. [strike]The MORE function underneath Profiles in left column, gets hidden underneath next Profile.[/strike]

5. Create link function does not work properly. If you highlight text in a message that you want to turn into a URL link, the text does not copy into link app.
If posting URL links, just post the actual URL directly into your message and it will work just fine.

Regards
Derek (Dr Zen)
Admin and Moderator
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:10 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, Richard Jones, Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New Forum Design and Bugs to be aware of...

Posted 24 Oct 2016 17:15 #2
I have just installed a new update for forum software.

Search function is now working properly !

Pagination is also fixed in email notifications. When you receive an email notification from the forum, always press the READ MORE button in message. Link attached to Read More button is more advanced than raw URL link above.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New Forum Design and Bugs to be aware of...

Posted 26 Oct 2016 00:14 #3
**UPDATE**
To streamline the forum for all devices, I have removed the top menus on all forum pages.
I discovered that having too many menus on the forum, was causing problems when viewing on tablets or phones.
I think the forum looks much better now, with just the Forum Menu showing.

I have added a link back to Main Website as the first Menu Option and also added the same link to Forum Banner, so you can still easily get back to the main website without too much trouble.

I am fairly confident that all the BIG changes have now been dealt with.
I recommend that everyone clears and deletes their web browsers history and cookies one more time. This will force all new styling codes to load properly, so that you are viewing the latest design version of forum.

Thank you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.713 seconds