VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Important Vegas Movie Studio 14 Upgrade discounts/offers...

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551

Vegas Movie Studio 14 Upgrade discounts/offers... was created by DoctorZen

Posted 23 Feb 2017 06:17 #1
Hello all MSZ Forum members

Vegas Movie Studio 14 versions are now released, however just like when Vegas Pro 14 was released, there is confusion surrounding "any possible upgrade offers" for current Movie Studio Platinum 13 owners.

I have received countless messages from YouTube, Facebook and the MSZ Forum about this.

I posted links on Movie Studio Zen, YouTube and Facebook to the upgrade page for all VEGAS products, since Magix doesn't believe in using Upgrade buttons on the actual sales page, like every other software company would normally do. Why you would want to deliberately make it difficult to upgrade, is a deep mystery that quite frankly pisses me off!

Unfortunately Magix appears to be playing some silly game again, just like they did when Vegas Pro 14 was released and have not updated the "update app" to offer upgrade discounts for Vegas Movie Studio 14, Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 and Vegas Movie Studio Suite 14. If you try to use the "update app" at the moment, all you will be offered is Movie Studio 13 versions - a 3 year old program!

For more than 6 months, Magix offered any Tom, Dick or Harry to buy Movie Studio Platinum 13 or Movie Studio Suite 13 now and then receive a free upgrade to version 14 when it is released. This offer was at a substantial discount. If you are like myself and already owned version 13, it made no sense to buy the same program you already owned. Logic would say, that a serious software company would want to also look after any longtime loyal customers and offer some type of upgrade discount on the day the new version was released. I have money in my pocket and am ready to buy! Any good sales person knows, that when a customer walks in the door with money in their pocket, you need to make the sale before they leave! You don't tell them this:

"We're preparing the upgrade offer currently and it will be communicated per e-mail and newsfeed in the next few days."

This is what Magix has officially told me, to tell you, after more than 6 months preparation.

For the last 3 weeks, Corel has been offering me a discount for upgrading to Video Studio Ultimate 10.
The program has now been released and the upgrade discount offer is still available.
If I had the choice between Corel and Magix right now, which one would the customer go with ?

I will keep everyone updated as I hear more about this.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Feb 2017 06:18 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Movie Studio 14 Upgrade discounts/offers...

Posted 23 Feb 2017 06:23 #2
Thanks Derek.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/customer-not-answering-phone--105665/#ca653733
"Promotional emails are still going out for the upgrade offer as well. Stay tuned!"
Oh well.
by vkmast

Replied by mufistar on topic Vegas Movie Studio 14 Upgrade discounts/offers...

Posted 02 Mar 2017 09:20 #3
Hallo Mufistar,
VEGAS Movie Studio 14 ist bereit für die Bühne! Jetzt upgraden und bis zu € 159 sparen.

Die Version 14 beeindruckt mit neuen kreativen Ideen, intuitiver Bedienung und innovativen Funktionen:

» Neue Benutzeroberfläche: aufgeräumt und noch intuitiver
» Unterstützung von 4K-Monitoren
» Beeindruckend: Multicam Editing
» Optimiert: Trimmer Fenster mit Hover Scrub-Technologie
» Neuer Vignetteneffekt
» Optimierte RAM Vorschau
» Upload zu Vimeo, YouTube und Facebook
» Plus: MAGIX Music Maker (Wert: € 59,99)

Exklusiv in VEGAS Movie Studio Suite:

» Effekte, Titel und Übergänge von NewBlueFX
» Eigene Filmmusik mit Sonicfire® Pro 6 von SmartSound®
» HitFilm Toolkit Pack

Genießen Sie Ihre neue Videobearbeitung mit VEGAS Movie Studio 14. Einfach. Großartig.

Schnell sein: sichern Sie sich die neueste Version zum exklusiven Sonderpreis!

Nur bis 1. März 2017 erhalten Sie die Reiseroutenanimation Vasco da Gama 9 HD Essential (Wert: € 99,99) gratis dazu.

Jetzt ab € 49,99

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Movie Studio 14 Upgrade discounts/offers...

Posted 27 Apr 2017 06:32 #4
I was surprised to finally see today in my Sony VPros and Sony Movie Studio Platinums Sony Net Notify "upgrade" offers for the MAGIX Vegas Movie Studio 14 product line. Prices USD 40/60/90. As I'm still not confident enough to upgrade, I did not proceed to find out if they now ask for a valid serial number of a former version.
Last Edit:27 Apr 2017 10:33 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds