VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Important Upgrade links for VEGAS, the VEGAS Newsletter and the Future of MSZ...

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557
Hello all forum members.
I need to get something off my chest, but it does have a happy ending (I hope) !
[IMG

[IMG

As many of you are probably aware, the transition from Sony to Magix has been very rocky to say the least.
It appears that the light at the end of the tunnel has finally appeared!

Since Magix officially took over, I have been in continual email communication with a few different (mid-range) managers at Magix in Germany.
The people I have been talking to, have been very professional and a pleasure to speak with.

There were two main issues which caused problems for a great many Vegas users, which have now been rectified.
1. Lack of email newsletters about any Vegas product, deals, discounts, etc...
2. No working upgrade button/link for Vegas Movie Studio users, on the Vegas Creative Software website.

Re-cap of the never ending story...
[IMG

The existing Sony email database was a complete cluster f#$k, which meant a large number of people including myself, had never received a single email about Vegas from Magix, ever! Most of us in this situation, then signed up to the official Vegas Newsletter here , only to discover that this email list was also not sending information about any Vegas product.

At the same time this was going on, I was also continually asking Magix about why Vegas Movie Studio users did not have an easy upgrade path. The official upgrade link was only offering Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 13, instead of version 14, which was a complete insult to our collective intelligence.

I lost count of the number of messages I sent about this and probably wasted over 40+ hours of my life. I was literally days away from pulling the plug on ever working with Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio again. I was seriously thinking about selling my MSZ website/forum to anyone who might be crazy enough to buy it. Quite frankly I had reached the end of my patience, dealing with Magix! The people I had been speaking to seemed like really nice people, but whoever was actually in charge was not even listening to their own employees (at least that's the impression I got). There seems to be a lot of good people working at Magix in Germany and the USA, but someone higher up was/is throwing a wrench into the system or just plain inept.

Late last week (8th June 2017) I posted my final message about these two outstanding problems. I received a reply from Mathias, who I believe is a software engineer for the official Magix/Vegas forums. I sent him a private message, outlining the two major problems that were hanging around like a rotting corpse in the basement.

[IMG

When I woke up on Saturday morning 10th June 2017 and opened my emails, I had received my first VEGAS Newsletter ever!
Over the next few hours I received 3 more identical emails about Vegas, from the test subscriptions I had created.
It can't be a coincidence that this problem was suddenly fixed out of the blue, so I suspect that Mathias found the missing link and got the Vegas email database working properly for the first time, after waiting 9+ months for this to be fixed.

My 4x test accounts were set to USA, UK, Germany and Australia, which means Magix is now sending email blasts to all countries and not just the USA.

Can other subscribers to the VEGAS Newsletter confirm that you are also receiving emails about Vegas now???
I am assuming the answer is yes, but would love to know if everyone got the same emails.

Upgrade links
Magix has now created working UPGRADE buttons for Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio.
Go to any Vegas product page and you will find the UPGRADE buttons.
Press the button and you will be asked to login to your Magix account and confirm your existing Serial Activation Number and thus be offered a discount on upgrading to the newest version of Vegas you would like.

There is also a separate Upgrade page, showing all products.
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/upgrade/

Missing time................
Due to many different reasons, I have not created any new tutorials for over 3 months.
I had a major health scare that needed attending to and at the same time I became despondent about the future of Vegas.
Because I spent so much time and energy behind the scenes on ridiculous problems with Magix, it took time and energy away from what I really should have been focussing on, which is using the actual software.
I didn't see the point of supporting a product that I could not recommend myself.
It wasn't the actual product I had a problem with, but the terrible experience of the Magix Sales & Marketing department and general poor management of the transition from Sony to Magix. Everything happened and didn't happen at the same time, so I lost all desire to create anything new.

I am conservatively hopeful that things are now improving with Magix & Vegas.

I have a review for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 to finish, which I started over 3 months ago!
Then I can begin uploading regular new tutorials and find a new path forward.

If it wasn't for all the wonderful people on this forum and the wider Vegas Community, I don't think I would bother to continue this journey.
It's time to bring some new light into this little corner of the world.

Thank you to everyone here.
Peace be with you always.
Derek aka Dr Zen

[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Jun 2017 12:29 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast, ericlnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you for the update Derek, your patience appears to be far greater than mine. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Thanks Derek.

Unfortunately I quickly delete my not required permanently emails so cannot check what I have received from Magix in respect of Vegas. But I'll keep a note for the future. I can recall I've received emails on several products and usually twice as I was on the Magix mailing list as a result of a brief look at their own video editor a few years ago.

I sometimes wonder if there's internal conflict inside Magix as a result of the new product line they've taken on.
by ericlnz

So glad you are better. Sounds as though you've been having a rough time but be sure that we are all rooting for you. And I'm relieved that you are staying with Vegas as well.

I've had the occasional e-mail and access the Newsletter via the link on the forum pages.

Good luck to you mate (but sorry about the cricket result in the One Day Championship :razz:

Richard

Thank You Derek for clearing the air and it is good to hear you are getting things sorted out with Magix, so you can forge ahead with MSZ. Even better, it is great to hear your health is back and you have renewed focus.

The only communications I'm getting from Magix is via NetNotify (I think I may have unsubscribed from the news letter out disgust of their business practices). In Vegas Pro 13 and Movie Studio 13 Platinum, I get the Upgrade to Vegas Pro 14, but the prices are still the original (as when introduced) which is available to anyone, so that is still not an upgrade deal for me. I'm hopeful that Magix is improving, but their pricing for loyal customers is still lacking and that has left a bad taste for me.
Best Regards......George

Hi Derek, glad you are better now and the only thing that has kept me with Vegas Pro is all the work you put in. I have to say I am trying Resolve as the same as you, was not sure about the Vegas future.
Anyway I received my first email from Magix on Vegas only last Saturday offering Pro 14 at a reduced price (full version I think?). I had already upgraded from 13 to 14, but I certainly hope they make some major advances as it fells more like an update than a upgrade.
by Davoid

I was lucky enough to start receiving emails from news@vegas.magix.net as "earĺy" as Nov. '16 ( post 17 here )

The Magix Vegas Movie Studio product line offers have been another matter entirely, although I've got occasional NetNotify offers. The odd thing about them was this offer I linked on the MV forum . I did use that link mentioned by a Magix Vegas staffer on the CCow forum to upgrade, but I never saw it given on the MV forum until it was commented to disappear soon .

Btw, you can use the link below to see the upgrade prices directly (Main Page, Support/Upgrade).

As the good Doc says, it's taken 9+ months to get these somewhat basic things right. I suppose it's better late than never and the forums now can hopefully concentrate on something more productive. Looking forward to that MVMSP 14 review as they have always been the most reliable independent assessments of the software. Hope also that the health problems stay away. And thanks for keeping the faith and the forum going. In these 9 months some of us have not been too confident of Magix Vegas magic working ever right either.
by vkmast
Attachments:

I have build 211, is that still the latest?
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

I have build 211, is that still the latest?

Build #252 is the latest build version for Vegas Pro 14.
You can download this update directly from this link:
rdir.magix.net/?page=YX5CXRX3NIYR

Build #122 is the latest build version for Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14.

Build #54 is the latest build version for DVD Architect (7).
Everyone who bought VP14 and VMS14 is urgently waiting for a new build version for DVDA, because there are major bugs that affect VP14 and VMS14 users.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

The only communications I'm getting from Magix is via NetNotify (I think I may have unsubscribed from the news letter out disgust of their business practices).

Hi George
If you re-subscribe to the Vegas Newsletter, using the link at bottom of this page, you should start receiving VEGAS related news.
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/

Mathias from the Vegas Forums, posted this special upgrade link on the forum - I have no idea when this deal will expire.
It gives you an extra $50 off the regular upgrade price, for all 3 versions.
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/vegas-pro-14-eol-sale/vegas-pro-14/
Last Edit:15 Jun 2017 12:25 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.914 seconds