VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

You might find this post on the Magix Vegas Pro forum of interest:-

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/a-few-clarifications--103723/

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

Posted 29 Sep 2016 21:53 #12

DoctorZen wrote: ---My contact at Magix suspects that the Sony database is corrupted in some way. I think this is exactly what the problem is.
I suggested this too them 3 months ago, but they didn't take my concern seriously back then.---

Yes, I remember you suspected this. Even quoted it in my post (#22 in this thread
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/vegas-pro/1009-vegas-pro-13-and-14-offer?start=20

@Richard, yes, some of us have been following that thread eagerly to get the clarifications.

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/a-few-clarifications--103723/?page=9#ca641063
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551
Hi everyone again.
I sent everyone's emails to Magix for verification and have received a report back.

Magix said that 10x of the emails people sent me, had actually been un-subscribed from the Sony Software email list. So that is why some of you are not receiving any emails about Vegas.

Other emails like my own, were nowhere to be found in the Sony database - they are non-existent. In my own case, this does not make sense because I had received over 12 months of deals and newsletters from Sony, right up until they stopped sending any new emails to us.

My contact at Magix said they are working on some solutions to this problem. He specifically said this:

Unfortunately at this time we don't have a tool to add addresses manually to the list, but we are working on a solution.
Also we are working on a solution to subscribe just to VEGAS newsletters.

I feel like I have pushed this as far as I can for now. I can't afford personally to waste anymore energy and time with this problem. The rest is up to Magix to follow through on. I suggested to them, that it would be a good idea to post an official message on the forum, once they have created a fix for the email problem.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:30 Sep 2016 00:49 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Eagle Six, vkmast

Replied by vkmast on topic Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

Posted 30 Sep 2016 01:15 #14
Thanks Doc for your efforts above and beyond the call of duty. I'm sure we all are as frustrated as you by all of this.
Interestingly, their www.vegascreativesoftware.com has this option

Newsletter
offers and information about VEGAS
Creative Software.
REGISTER NOW

I registered about a month ago. Seems even this is not working as I still have not received anything.
I wonder what's the purpose of this option. Correct that: I do not wonder any more about anything that's happening with M****.
The complaints about this started months ago and nobody there took any action.
Last Edit:30 Sep 2016 01:33 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Thank You Derek for your extraordinary effort to bring a solution to this issue. Even though I'm in the US and have been receiving the emails, it is very concerning to me that many others, like yourself, have been left in the dark for so long. Although I detect many holes in the response you received from Magix, the most important part is, will they fix it, and how long will it take.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

Replied by Peter on topic Magix, when will I receive my first email newsletter from you?

Posted 30 Sep 2016 07:40 #16
Just to add to the above appreciation for Derek - a huge "Thank you" + and to many others that have chewed at the "Magix" ankle.
Eventually, the brain should receive a message. Just hope it is deciphered appropriately.

Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Posted 04 Nov 2016 07:58 #17
Update: Just a couple of hours ago I received my very first VEGAS related email from MAGIX (VEGAS <news(at)vegas.magix.net>).

It was the current extended "Vegas Pro 14 Upgrade" offer. The prices are as earlier recipients have commented on the forums and the offer is valid until November 18, 2016.

I'll wait and see what fixes the next update they are planning to release will bring.
The dev team head posted on the Magix forum (on Oct. 25) that "We continue work on a more robust update that addresses some long-standing issues as well as improvements to new features. That update will be available in the coming weeks."
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Jones, Eagle Six

Thank you. That's good to know but I'm still waiting for mine which seems to suggest that, as with previous communications, this is being sent in a number of separate postings. Oh Well!

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.844 seconds