VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 06 Jul 2016 00:23 #21
I just received a follow up message from André at Magix and he said there are 26 Million people in the Sony email database, so I can understand why they are sending out messages to only segments of the total list. However it still would be nice to receive at least get one email to officially inform me that Magix will be releasing new versions of Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum, since I own almost every Sony Software product ever made and am a valuable customer. I was reading other forums that are discussing the same issue and found people who don't even use Vegas anymore, who have been receiving emails. Isn't that ironic :silly:

It sounds like Magix needs to cull the email list and work out who is still an active Sony Software user!
[IMG

I guess I'm being penalised for living in a British Penal Colony and having convict ancestry.
Next time I sign up to a newsletter, I better change my address to Washington DC and change my name to George Washington!
I'm off to find a website and newsletter that will teach me how to speak American :)
[IMG
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:06 Jul 2016 01:29 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vkmast
  • vkmast's Avatar Away
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 527

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 06 Jul 2016 02:08 #22

DoctorZen wrote: I just received a follow up message from André at Magix and he said there are 26 Million people in the Sony email database, so I can understand why they are sending out messages to only segments of the total list.---
It sounds like Magix needs to cull the email list and work out who is still an active Sony Software user!---

Yes, maybe we all should be made to sign up again somewhere at MAGIX and the Magix site AND the SCS site should clearly advise of this.
No way MAGIX is going to handle the Sony email database.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 06 Jul 2016 08:41 #23
I have pushed as hard as I can to get some answers and clarity. I know when to stop and don't want to cause any negativity between myself and Magix. So I'm going to leave this topic alone now and just wait to see what happens.

If anyone gets anymore emails from Magix, can you please let everyone know in the forum.
I would appreciate that :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Replied by Peter on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 06 Jul 2016 09:53 #24
Hi Derek,
Nah - you got it wrong!

Magix may be sponsors of the English Cricket Board and are reacting to previous Antipodean comments regarding the Pommie's performances whilst attempting to regain the Ashes.
Nothing to do with how the Aussie continent was used as a place of permanent settlement for those who chose to snitch a coney from the wrong piece of land in the home country.
... and to keep on topic, I have lots to investigate using Vegas Pro 13 and working out how to get to a clean install of Windows 10 before the end of July - see mail in appropriate thread.

Many regards,

Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 08 Jul 2016 08:58 #25
Evenin' All,

Like Peter, I just installed Vegas Pro 13/DVD Architect Pro 6 that I purchased from Magix's site. The registration was still going to Sony, but there were no issues with the activation. I did not have the problem with iZotope Nectar Elements that Peter did, as my download was for Nectar Elements, so Magix must have fixed that problem. To be safe, I did un-install Vegas Pro 12 and DVD Architect Pro 6 that was with that purchase, but left my Sound Forge Pro 11.o installation, where I had to actually "re-scan" the VST folders to ensure Nectar Elements was picked up, loaded a quick sound file, went to use the plug-in, and the activation for Elements came up and went through with no hitch or hiccup, depending on how you want to call it. I then proceeded to open a SVP12 video I was working on (used one of the "numbered" versions after the recommendation of our Zen Master - Thanks for that tip Derek!), and it seemed to open with no issues. Still need to go and finish setting up the Preferences on everything, but at least know it is working.

My reasoning for un-installing Vegas Pro 12 and the associated DVD Architect Pro, was to test out Peter's install of not having a known activated program, and I also wanted to quit running into problems with the VideoFX of NewBlue between Vegas Pro 12 and MSPS 13 on this machine. So far so good. Maybe I caught Mr. Murphy while he was taking a little nap? :silly:

Here's hoping that Magix will take all the previous customer issues (at least the majority of them), with Vegas Pro/Movie Studio and associated programs, fixes them, updates them more frequently, and listens to the community. Be interested in knowing if the acquired personnel from SCS over to Magix are relieved and can actually help, as based on the comments from the SCS forums, they seemed like Sony had a serious "noose around their neck!". Anyway, I'm looking forward to version 14 now.

Mike
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter, Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 08 Jul 2016 10:14 #26
Thank You for the update Mike,

Good to hear Magix made the fix for the download and things are running smoother. I think it was smart of Magix to provide this deal, as it got revenue into their system before the version 14 release at almost a zero cost. while at the same time bringing new customers aboard and reinforcing the relationship with current customers who were waiting for the version 14 and skipping the version 13.

I think it is a specially good deal for user of Movie Studio, who have been considering upgrading to Vegas Pro, but were held back by the previous cost of upgrading. Although I got Vegas Pro 13 in December of 2015 for $200, it was a hit and miss trying to get the best deal at the time. And at the time the forum chatter was Vegas was dead. I didn't believe it, upgraded and have had the time to learn it and prepare for the version 14. We don't know how much current version 13 user, like myself, will pay for the version 14 upgrade, but regardless I'm in when the time comes.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 08 Jul 2016 20:47 #27

Eagle Six wrote: I think it is a specially good deal for user of Movie Studio, who have been considering upgrading to Vegas Pro, but were held back by the previous cost of upgrading.

The only problem George, is that hardly anyone is receiving emails from Magix, unless you are magically on their "exclusive list" at the moment.
I am yet to receive a single email from Magix.

I thought about sharing this link for the Vegas Pro $199 upgrade offer, on YouTube. But then decided against it, in case I got into trouble from Magix. After trying to get some clarification out of Magix, I didn't get very far at all and they weren't interested in any affiliate deals until Vegas Pro and Movie Studio are officially released. So I'm leaving this alone for now, however I encourage the rest of you to share that link with as many people as you like. Since you don't have to prove you already own Vegas Pro or Movie Studio.

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 21 Jul 2016 20:33 #28
Just thought I'd let you know that I received my offer by e-mail last night --- although I'm still not certain that I shall take it up in view of the question mark about scripts raised by Edward Troxel on his jetdv forum, doubts which I've repeated to the Sony Vegas Pro forum. We shall see! In the meantime it seems that we can rest assured that they are working through their extensive customer list and that they'll be getting round to everyone.

Richard

• vkmast
  • vkmast's Avatar Away
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 527

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 22 Jul 2016 00:30 #29
Good to know Richard. There are similar reports elsewhere as well of another batch of emails now.
Nothing showing up around here though so far.
Instead, I am now getting emails from MainConcept GmbH, Germany, for some reason...
Last Edit:22 Jul 2016 01:19 by vkmast

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 22 Jul 2016 00:40 #30
Hi Richard,

Can you provide links to the scripting post on jetdv.com and SCS? Thank You....

Update: I found your post on jetdv.com, no need for the link, Thank You....
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:22 Jul 2016 00:44 by Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.763 seconds