VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 22 Jul 2016 06:32 #31
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 22 Jul 2016 08:01 #32
Thank You vkmast,

That clarifies what we thought would happen, and many expressed a lot of wild anxiety over!
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:22 Jul 2016 08:02 by Eagle Six

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 22 Jul 2016 21:17 #33
This thread on the Vegas Pro forum adds more information about the scripting problem (my caution was given in my post of 20 July):-

www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/showmessage.asp?messageid=947640

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 23 Jul 2016 01:07 #34
Thank You Richard for the link.

By GaryRebholz (SCS Vegas Pro Forum) Hi Everyone,

Altarvic says, "I'm sure that V14 continue to support scripts, but MAGIX can change scripting requirements (different paths, namespaces, names of assemblies etc.) - this will require some changes in all existing scripting extensions."

This is exactly true. Unfortunately, legal considerations will force us to change the namespace and thus all existing scripts will need to be modified in order to work inside VEGAS Pro 14. It will be a minor, but critical change. We're still working out the details, but once we have them, we will tell you exactly what you'll need to change in your scripts.

I'm optimistic that Magix will fulfill their promise. It doesn't encompass all scripts that Vegas Pro users may be using, but many of those compiling .dll scripts and are still supporting or developing scripts, most likely will quickly fix current scripts to work under v14. As for .js and .cs scripts, many end users should be able modify their scripts and if not, the scripting community will most likely jump in quickly with fixes available in public domain.

I understand the concern for those who are making a living using Vegas Pro, but for those who are making a living, it is most likely they will not upgrade to v14 on 1st day of release and jump into production. They will more than likely do some testing and give some time to assure the stability of v14 before committing their 'paid for' projects into production using v14. It is likely many of the kinks of a new version will be worked out during this initial trial/test period, including scripts.

Personally I do use scripts, but outside of debug frameserving for Vegas2Handbrake, the scripts I use are for convenience. Some of those may be illuminated by the feature improvements Magix builds into version 14, the others I can live without for a while. I am much more interested and concerned about 1st, will the new v14 run on my old box! I started learning Resolve last year first on ver 11 then version 12. However the latest version 12.5 will not run on my old PC, so I have stopped that learning process for now although I still have version 12 and occationally visit it. The 2nd interest I have in Vegas Pro 14 is the possible feature that I could use ProRes DNxHD footage striaght into Vegas Pro 14 from the Atomos Samurai Blade and of course other announced or hopeful improvements.

So, if version 14 doesn't trip on my 1st concern, I will jump into it and modify my scripts and do without the ones I cannot modify until someone else can fix them. Again, for those in position they make money running Vegas Pro, I understand their concerns on the scripting issue.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:23 Jul 2016 01:08 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: GM1968, Richard Jones

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 25 Jul 2016 13:21 #35
I can confirm I have received that Vegas Pro offer here in little old New Zealand and I don't even have Vegas Pro. I have Movie studio Platinum 13 and hope they remember me in I think Derek said January 2017, when the new MSP14 is due. I am quite happy with MSP13 at the moment. :ohmy:
Last Edit:26 Jul 2016 12:36 by Eagle eye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 25 Jul 2016 16:18 #36
Vegas Movie Studio 14 is meant to be released in February 2017.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye.

Posted 25 Jul 2016 21:44 #37
I'm still wondering about the logistics AND the logic of these email offers.
Some of us with VPro 13 (not I, so far) seem to have received this offer even though they should not have according to the MAGIX note I linked to above (and George quotes the actual text in the link below in this post).
I am still tempted to agree with the sentiments expressed by Moderator of Zen previously and by a couple of long-time users now over here .
Last Edit:25 Jul 2016 23:48 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by kiwihans on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 28 Jul 2016 19:36 #38
Hi Derek,

Your stirring up Magix software must have worked! I got an email from them this morning. This email says nothing about getting a free copy of Vegas Pro 14 - except 14 it is due for release in September.
Perhaps as I already have Vegas Pro 13 it was not worth telling (about the free version) in my email. I did get an offer to purchase a Web design program.
It appears to me that different people are getting different emails. Maybe not everyone who has Vegas 13 is getting 14 for free!

BTW Thanks for the warning about System Mechanic. I will stay with the version I have got and not purchase the latest version.

Posted 29 Jul 2016 01:01 #39
kiwihans,
I don't think anyone of us is getting Vegas Pro 14 for free as such. Those of you, who got the famous 13+14 offer (aimed at not only new users or upgraders, as they say, since some of the current users of v 13 have also received the offer), pay for both v 13 and v 14 if you take up that offer.

cf. the email from MAGIX_Eric D published by our George elsewhere
Thank you for your interest in our bundle offer for VEGAS 13 + 14. As you know, VEGAS 14 will be released in September 2016. And we don't think users who are planning an upgrade to VEGAS 13 so close to the new release date should miss out on the exciting new version. So any customers who upgrade to VEGAS 13 between now and July 31st will also get VEGAS 14 for free! Those of you who already use VEGAS 13 will receive a separate upgrade offer in September. Hang tight!

As for MAGIX emails, I believe I am on their Vegas mailing list only when and if I get my first email from vegas.magix.com.
At the moment I'm receiving emails from Magix, which have nothing to do with their acquiring of SCS software.
by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.959 seconds