VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 03 Jul 2016 01:29 #11
I have been involved in two company take-over (purchases). One was very smooth and appeared seamless to the end user. The other was a nightmare! When the turn-over team thought they were near the point of pressing the button, corporate purchasing decisions had to be made that sent us into a tail spin! One day everything seemed to be coordinated and well planned, and then what seemed like overnight, things went down the tube and effected warehouses, distributors, retailers and end user customers with premature information, lack of communications and IT systems not ready. Within a few weeks, we had everything ironed out and running smooth, but during a three week period it was pure havoc for many loyal customers from corporate down to the single end user.

I'm certainly not making excuses for anyone involved in the Magix purchase side or the Sony sales side. Just from my limited experience, I understand there are most likely going to be some kinks in the roll-over and most likely we will never be privy to the details. I'm keeping the faith, in a very few short months, everything will have worked it's way through the mess and we will all be relatively happy with the outcome.

In the mean time, hopefully your request Derek will be answered and shed some light on the communications fault we seem to be seeing.

I still feel, overall, the outlook of Vegas Pro and Movie Studio is much, much better than it was just a couple months ago, before the Magix purchase, when we were hearing nothing and the word was Vegas is Dead.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Peter, vkmast, lupingping33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Posted 03 Jul 2016 01:35 #12

vkmast wrote: Agreeing totally with you here, Derek.
I understand George is getting those emails ATM, so maybe he'll be the person to help you/us, until MAGIX gets its email act together?

Yes, I'll post whatever I get as soon as practical......
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Replied by Peter on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 03 Jul 2016 13:46 #13
Hi Derek and all,

So, I can confirm that Vegas Pro 13, DVD Architect Pro 6, iZotope Nectar Elements and new Blue Video Elements 6 may be purchased and downloaded with no problem at the price of $199.95 US without requiring to submit any previous serial number id from earlier purchases of either Sony Movie Studio (or presumably Vegas Pro). I have just completed the download and backed up the files.

Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Posted 04 Jul 2016 00:09 #14
Hi Peter,

Thank You for the positive feedback report, that confirms what I have read, and you are a rock solid reliable source. I think it is a good deal.
Best Regards......George

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 04 Jul 2016 04:03 #15
To All,

I just got onto the site today, and noticed that Derek had asked for a copy of the e-mail sent out. Well, I just sent it to Derek. What is weird though is that I have two SCS accounts due to the machines I have, but only one of the accounts got/gets any e-mail from SCS (now Magix). Oh well, at least did get some notice. Now, just finish off a couple more bills, and time to go get my Vegas Pro 13 and free updated to 14...on my other machine, DOOHH! :side:

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Peter
  • Peter's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 90

Replied by Peter on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 04 Jul 2016 11:18 #16
Hi all,
I have just completed the installation process and registration for the Vegas Pro 13 on to my computer - completed with no problem.
The same for DVD Architect Pro 6 and New blue Video essentials 6.

But there is a snag with iZotope Nectar Elements

The original download from Magix actually supplies a second (duplicate) copy of DVD Architect Pro 6 as a file, suggesting it is downloading iZotope. It is not!

I overcame this situation by logging on to the iZotopic web site , then downloading the software as a trial. Followed by authorising it with the serial # as supplied by Magix.
This was suggested in a message on another forum.
The outcome was a correctly installed and acknowledged authorised copy of iZoptope Nectar Essentials.

Just in case others come across the same situation.

Peter
by Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, mmcswnavy24, Eagle Six

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 05 Jul 2016 23:44 #17
Hi everyone in this thread.

I have finally made contact with someone at Magix.com
I have spoken to the Affiliate Manager at Magix.

After explaining that I have not personally received a single email from Magix yet and also own both Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum, this is the reply I received:

Hi Derek,

Thanks again for your email.
We’re in transition and things currently might take a little bit longer. During the next few weeks every customer in the database will receive a welcome email. We’re only sending one welcome email to each customer – regardless how many products a customer has purchased. Because Vegas Pro 13 is your most professional product, you received an email focusing on Vegas Pro, not on Movie Studio.
And yes, those who already use Vegas Pro 13 will receive an exciting upgrade offer for VEGAS 14 in September.

I hope this email will reduce your worries a little bit.

Best wishes,
André

I will be gracious enough to accept that André may have accidentally mis-read my message to him, in which I thought I had clearly explained that I had not received any messages from Magix yet. However I/we are still no closer to understanding why only some people have been receiving communication from Magix. It seems very strange to me that the people who are receiving emails from Magix, have now received at least four messages and the rest of us are just in limbo. I don't think I am asking that much of Magix. I'm a Libran, so I always look at both sides of the equation/argument and try to be as fair as possible.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Jones, Eagle Six, vkmast

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 06 Jul 2016 00:01 #18
From one Libyan to another, I have to say I share your reservations. I wonder where this places us non-recipients in the pecking order for the Pro 13 purchase and free upgrade to Pro 14.

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 06 Jul 2016 00:02 #19

DoctorZen wrote: It seems very strange to me that the people who are receiving emails from Magix, have now received at least four messages and the rest of us are just in limbo.

Hi Derek,

Thank You for the update. Just for clarification, I have only received 2 emails from Magix in reference to Vegas Pro. One was a general announcement showing the product boxes and offering a deal for Magix Web Designer, and the other was the $200 offer for Vegas Pro 13 + Vegas Pro 14 free.

The other emails I have received from Magix have been in reference to their other product deals and newsletter, as I had signed up for these emails a while back.
Best Regards......George

Replied by Richard Jones on topic Vegas Pro 13 and 14 offer

Posted 06 Jul 2016 00:03 #20
Libran - sorry - damned auto correct :)

Richard

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.136 seconds