VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Important Vegas Pro 14 and Vegas DVD Architect - new free build versions released

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557
Hi everyone

Magix has released two new program updates this week.

Vegas Pro 14 - #270
If you own Vegas Pro 14, the 7th update has now been released, which is Build version #270.
Official announcement was made here on the VEGAS forums:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-14-update-7-build-270--107103/

You can download the new build version directly from this link:
rdir.magix.net/?page=WMCPDYVMGCO3

Here are the patch notes for this update:
  • Audio from ProRes 422 HQ files now plays properly
  • Multi-channel audio files now show up correctly with new ProRes plugin
  • Both channels of a stereo ProRes are now properly recognized
  • The first frame is no longer repeated in renders to ProRes and HEVC formats
  • Audio from 4k files shot with the Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder is now supported
  • Audio from ProRes 422 files shot with Black Magic cameras now properly supported
  • H.265 MP4 footage from DJI Phantom 4 Professional Camera Drone now supported
  • The keyframe event "Set To" context menu operation of an OFX video effect now adjusts the keyframe value as expected
  • Markers and regions are now properly saved inside the Trimmer window for ProRes and HEVC files
  • Certain HEVC files that failed to load in previous builds are now supported

Vegas DVD Architect -#67
If you own Vegas Pro 14, Vegas Pro 14 Suite, Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum or Vegas Movie Studio 14 Suite, a new update to Vegas DVD Architect has been released. All of these programs use the same version of DVD Architect now, so it is important to update if you own any of these versions.

Official announcement was made here on the VEGAS forums:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-dvd-architect-update-2-build-67--107128/

You can download the new build version directly from this link:
rdir.magix.net/?page=8MB9DLAEMS9Q

Here are the patch notes for this update:

Improvement
  • Added Polish language support

• Bug fixes
  • Properly imports files received from the VEGAS Movie Studio Make Movie wizard when you choose to burn a disc with menus
  • 5.1 Blu-ray discs authored by DVD Architect now play correctly in external players

• The main bug which has been fixed in this version, is something that affected Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum users.
    If you select Make Movie/Burn it to DVD or Blu-ray disc and tried to send the rendered video to Vegas DVD Architect, DVDA would not automatically open and import the video from Vegas Movie Studio. This bug has now been fixed and both programs are now talking to each other correctly. Installing build version #67 for Vegas DVD Architect (7) will fix this problem.

Regards
    Derek
    ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
    Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
    Last Edit:29 Jun 2017 09:30 by DoctorZen
    The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24, vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thanks Derek. DVDA updated.

Vegas is the only software I have that doesn't contain a Check for Updates button in its options. Most unusual.
    by ericlnz

ericlnz wrote: Thanks Derek. DVDA updated.

Vegas is the only software I have that doesn't contain a Check for Updates button in its options. Most unusual.

Derek, thank you for being on top of things, now updated.
    Likewise Eric about check for updates.
    Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
    Last Edit:29 Jun 2017 00:26 by pioneer

DVDA doesn't even appear to have the "Newsfeed" option that's available in VMS/VPro so unless they frequent the forums frequently DVDA users won't be aware of the update.

It was the same in SCS days so nothing's changed. I wonder if Magix's other software behaves in the same way?
    by ericlnz

• DoctorZen
    • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
    • Don't Panic !
    • Thank you received: 1557

I wonder if Magix's other software behaves in the same way?

I have bought 3 other Magix programs in the last 12 months.
    This is what I can report:
    Magix releases very regular program updates to all their programs.
    Bugs are addressed very quickly and new build versions are released every couple of weeks.
    However the programs never seem to let you know, when these new build versions are available.
    So each week I have got into the habit of pressing Help/Update online.
    As an example, I have just done this now for the program Magix Video Edit Pro, and this is the information screen that appears.
    It shows build version available and actually lists all bug fixes and new features.
    I would guess that when Vegas Pro 15 arrives, it will have the same function added to it.

There is a Newsfeed window that pops up all the time, but that it only showing Marketing messages.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
    Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
    Attachments:
    The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

Thanks Derek. It appears that Magix's own software gets updated frequently. Let's hope this good habit gets copied over to the Vegas line.
    by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
    • Not Allowed: to reply.
    • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
    Moderators: DoctorZen
    Time to create page: 0.913 seconds