VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Loved Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 - new version and launch discounts!

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557
Hi everyone
This is just a quick message, that I should have posted 2 weeks ago.

Magix has released a new and improved version of Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 .

I have been testing this new program version out and it is a terrific upgrade from the old Sony version of Sound Forge Audio Studio.
I am really impressed with the improvements that Magix has added to the program and have bought the new version myself.
If you make podcasts, this is a great program to edit your audio with.
If you have videos that have audio problems that need fixing, Sound Forge can help with that as well.
You can also link Sound Forge with Vegas, and use both programs to work on your audio.
I will be uploading a full review in the next couple of days.

The New version is now a 64 bit program and the entire interface has had a dramatic renovation - looks great!
More importantly, all the tools have been upgraded and it is very easy to use.
The program also comes packaged with iZotope Ozone Elements (mastering application), which is a $129 program if bought separately.

I have a special 30% off coupon code you can use to buy the new version, which makes it only $42.
Coupon Code = 30SFAS12

If you already own Sound Forge Audio Studio and have a valid Serial Activation number, you can buy using the Upgrade link on main sales page.

Magix has uploaded a couple of beginners tutorials on their YouTube channel, to show you how to use Sound Forge Audio Studio.
www.youtube.com/user/wwwmagixcom/videos

I will also be uploading a beginners guide tutorial very soon.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Aug 2017 17:25 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast, ericlnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by pioneer on topic Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 - new version and launch discounts!

Posted 21 Aug 2017 18:25 #2
Good morning Derek.
As it is a download do you have to remove the old program before installation or will the download over write the existing version? Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
No you do not need to un-install any previous versions you have.
Installing this new version will not over-write itself over the older version.
This is a standalone version.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pioneer

Replied by pioneer on topic Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 - new version and launch discounts!

Posted 24 Oct 2017 03:32 #4
Derek, does sound forge 12 show and allow use of the audio effects in MSP14. If so where? Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Derek,
I still have my Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 loaded from when I purchased SONY Movie Studio Platinum 13. Do you happen to know whether or not if I purchase this upgrade that it will work with my VEGAS Pro 14? I've actually never used it and I never upgraded my SMS to the latest version because I purchased the VEGAS Pro 13/free 14 offer when it came out (last year I think). Only reason I'm still keeping the SMS 13 is because of the NewBlue EX issue where it will only work with SMS 13. I don't want to 'shoot myself in the foot' so I'm trying to be careful with what software I upgrade.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

pioneer wrote: Derek, does sound forge 12 show and allow use of the audio effects in MSP14. If so where? Cheers John

You cannot open Sound Forge and apply Audio FX that exclusively belong in Movie Studio.
Sound Forge comes with it's own Suite of Tools and Effects.

You can link Sound Forge and Movie Studio together.
If you have audio tracks in a Movie Studio project, you can tell Movie Studio to open a copy of your audio in Sound Forge, where you then edit with Sound Forge tools. When you press Save in Sound Forge, the changes are automatically updated back into Movie Studio, without having to manually re-import.

Third Party Audio FX like Izotope plugins that come with Sound Forge, will also appear in Movie Studio and can be used in Movie Studio.

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

MrGrunthunter wrote: Derek,
I still have my Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 loaded from when I purchased SONY Movie Studio Platinum 13. Do you happen to know whether or not if I purchase this upgrade that it will work with my VEGAS Pro 14? I've actually never used it and I never upgraded my SMS to the latest version because I purchased the VEGAS Pro 13/free 14 offer when it came out (last year I think). Only reason I'm still keeping the SMS 13 is because of the NewBlue EX issue where it will only work with SMS 13. I don't want to 'shoot myself in the foot' so I'm trying to be careful with what software I upgrade.

Yes Sound Forge 12 will work with Vegas Pro 14, if you set it as the preferred Audio Editor in Vegas Pro.

Posted 24 Oct 2017 19:18 #8
Thank you Derek, I just wondered if you could show and use the effects in ver12 like you had in your tutorial on magic strawberry tutorial with ver10 where I posted a question in the Sound Forge Audio Studio & Pro Forum. Cheers john
by pioneer

Derek, I just visited the Sound Forge website ( www.magix.com/us/sound-forge/ ) and found that they are showing the Upgrade to Audio Studio 12 is only $29.99. The upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 11 is $199.95 and the upgrade to Sound Forge Pro Mac3 is $149.00. The upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 11 is only valid until Nov. 8, 2017 though.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Last Edit:25 Oct 2017 02:55 by MrGrunthunter

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

The upgrade to Sound Forge Pro 11 is only valid until Nov. 8, 2017 though.

I would not recommend to get Sound Forge Pro 11 - this is a VERY old version from Sony.
Wait until Magix releases Sound Forge Pro 12, if you are interested in the Pro version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.714 seconds