VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Important Message for all MSZ Forum members about the Login button & Stay logged in setting

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551
Hello all forum members!

One of Move Studio Zen's longest subscribers Richard, recently drew my attention to a problem with the Login button.
The specific feature I am referring to is Stay Logged In.
Long story short, this function has never worked as it is meant to - ever !!!
Spoiler alert: The problem is now fixed!

I was aware of the problem, but could never get any sense out the developers of the forum software I use, which is called "Kunena".
After Richard contacted me, I did a wild Google search and accidentally found the solution to the problem, buried inside a black hole on the edge of the known Universe.

The "Cookies" were not being shared properly between the website and forum.
That problem has now been fixed, just by adding a "forward slash" / to the Cookie control panel settings.

What does "Stay Logged In" mean ?
If you visit the MSZ Forum and/or MSZ Website regularly and are tired of having to login in over and over again, you can now select Stay Logged In and will automatically be logged back in every time you open the forum or website.

If you leave the website, it will show you as being logged in for 3 hours.
After 3 hours, your User Name will disappear from the Members online section at the bottom of the front page.
When you return the next day, you will automatically be logged back in and your User Name will show you are online, if your Preference/Forum Settings are set to Show Online.

The Stay Logged In persistent cookie is valid for 60 days.
After 60 days you will be auto-logged out, which obviously means you will have to log back in for another "new" 60 day session.

Problems that could make your 60 day Cookies not work
There are some things that can cause this feature to not work as expected...

1. I recommend anyone who wishes to use the "Stay Logged In" feature, to first delete all of their web browsers history and cookies, so that you start with a clean slate. If you don't regularly delete your web browsing history, you may have old/stale cookies that will cause a conflict with newer cookies. When this happens, it stops login buttons from working correctly.

2. If you delete all of your web browsers History & Cookies, that will remove the persistent cookie and force you to log back in.

3. Be aware that some Virus protection programs like Norton, have an optional setting that automatically deletes all of your web browsers history on a regular basis.
To stop this happening, turn that setting off in Norton and/or mark www.moviestudiozen.com as a safe cookie that is not to be deleted.

4. I am a firm believer in regularly deleting all my web browsers history!
Doing this is one of the ways you can control the type of Ads that pop up on the websites you visit.
If you don't clean your history and visit a "how to train your cat to vacuum the house" website, you will constantly be served ads about this topic, which will drive you crazy!

If you haven't watched these videos, you must do it now !!!

The solution I use on all my devices is CCleaner
You can set up CCleaner to clean all your web browsers, but to leave "cookies" from the sites you are logged into alone, so they are never deleted.
CCleaner is free and easy to use.
www.ccleaner.com/

Here is a peak behind the MSZ curtain and the personal CCleaner settings I use.
There are many more settings, but these are some of the most important ones.

Please note that in the 3rd screen shot (below), I have set Microsoft Silverlight to never be cleaned!
Sliverlight is often used by Pay TV / Cable TV apps for streaming content on your computer.
If you clean Silverlight, it will remove your active logins.
In Australia, the only pay TV provider "Foxtel" (part of Rupert Murdoch's evil empire), used to use Silverlight for it's streaming app.

In the window (below), you can add all the "Cookies" you don't want cleaned, so that your Logins for YouTube, Facebook, Movie Studio Zen are left alone and not deleted!

I don't like having lot's of programs automatically booting up when I start Windows, so I only manually use CCleaner.
You can set it up to auto-run if you like !

Instructions on how to Delete your Web Browsers History & Cookies
If any of you don't know how to delete your history, let me know and I will upload instuctions!

Regards
Derek (aka Doctor Zen)

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:13 Sep 2019 09:06 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.774 seconds