VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Is everyone receiving notification emails from MSZ Forum correctly ?

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557
Hi all forum members

I have updated the forum software numerous times over the last couple of months. The forum software is called Kunena, which is an open source project. There has been a lot of new development recently and it still is an ongoing process.

There have been many "behind the scenes" changes to the Admin settings that control the forum and I would like to check that everyone has been receiving notification emails for all Topics you are subscribed to. Because I am the Moderator and Administrator, the emails I get are slightly different to the ones you all receive. I have been receiving duplicates and triplicates for some notifications and none for others. When I looked closely at the settings, I think I can see what I set wrong. So I have just adjusted the notification email settings again and believe it is set correctly now.

Please report back to me if you are receiving the same emails twice each time
OR
Are not receiving notifications at all ?

Please note that Newsletters are a totally separate thing.
The last newsletter was in March for everyone.

I am hoping that everything is OK, but I thought I should check anyway.

Regards
Derek Moran (Doctor Zen)
Forum Moderator/Admin
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Jun 2016 13:53 by DoctorZen
The topic has been locked.
Hi Derek,

The last email notification I received was 06-06-2016, your post on the "Organising projects" thread. He is off to Spain for a couple weeks so I don't expect a reply soon, so I just subscribed to a bunch of other recent threads, I will keep track and report back.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
Hi Derek,

I just received an email alert to 'mmcswnavy' reply in the '4K editing' thread. It appears the email notification system is working for me.
Best Regards......George
OK here - no multiples.

Peter
by Peter
Last email I got from you was on the 20th March 2016

David
by Davoid
  • DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
Thanks for the report back :cheer:
It sounds like everything is OK now for all forum members.
Obviously the more topics you reply to yourself, the more email notifications you will receive.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
  • DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !
Hi Davoid

You only receive messages from the forum, if you have posted a topic or replied to someone else's topic.
This is the first forum post you have every replied to using user Davoid.

Newsletters are a different thing altogether.
Yes you are correct that the last newsletter was in March. I became ill and took some time off to heal properly.
You will see new tutorials and newsletters in your feed very, very soon.

Thank you :)
Sorry about that, got my wires crossed and thought it was about the newsletter. Very glad to hear you are well now.

all the best,
David
by Davoid
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.826 seconds