VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Problem with Server that Movie Studio Zen & Forum are hosted on

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1551
Hi everyone

This is a message for all the geeks (that includes myself).
There is an annoying problem with the server settings that my hosting company uses in Sydney, Australia.
Every 2 hours at exactly 20 minutes past the hour (example 12:20 AM, 2:20AM, 4:20AM......), the server performs a re-load of the server certificate, which temporary freezes any inputs been made by users on the website and forum. This means that if you have written a message and press SUBMIT at the exact same time server is reloading, the web page will freeze and/or go blank and report "Establishing Secure Connection". After 30 seconds, the problem is rectified until the next 2 hour period rolls around.

6 months ago I thought this problem had been fixed, but I have noticed that it has returned in the last couple of weeks.
I am trying to get this rectified once and for all and apologise if you have experienced this problem.

The really annoying thing is that the hosting company I use is the best I have found so far, except for this one tiny problem. I have been with two other companies before this and they always had multiple problems going on, so I don't want to change again and end up in a huge mess. The hosting company I have been on for the last two years, definitely has the fastest servers and is connected directly into a major undersea optic cable hub in Sydney, which is why it is also fast in countries halfway around the world.

I am hopeful that this problem can be fixed again soon.

Regards
Derek Moran
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:24 Aug 2016 18:08 by DoctorZen
The topic has been locked.
Frustrating --- as if life isn't difficult enough anyway. Good Luck.

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
Hi Derek,

The connection speed is usually pretty fast. Occasionally it is frustratingly slow. Up to a couple months ago, the worse time for connections was on Monday's in around mid-morning to early afternoon my time (Arizona, USA). Often I would just avoid connections during that period. However, for the last 7-9 weeks, the slow connection hasn't always been on Monday, rather sporadic. The slowdowns aren't that bad, mostly the speed is good to very good. A few times I may have experienced the issue you mention, but do not remember the details.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.722 seconds