VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Blu-ray to DVD (built blu-ray, now need to make DVDs of same project)

Hi folks,

First post. Really enjoy and have learned much from the Movie Zen (Derek's) videos. I have a quick question which may not have a quick answer, but probably does... I'm sorta new... but have been a Sony Vegas Movie Studio (DVD Architect) user for years (a few home projects per year). Finally took the jump to Blu-Ray (have USB Blu-Ray writer now) and upgraded to Magic 14 Movie Studio Platinum recently. Built a family project as a blu-ray using blu-ray template (per Derek's video) ... which was great! But, now I need to make a few DVDs for family members who do not have a blu-ray player.

Is that simple?

Any help is most welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Scott and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

It is OK to produce both DVDs and Blu-ray discs from the same project.
In your Movie Studio project you don't have to change a single thing, simply go to Make Movie (Render As) and render DVD video versions, using one of the DVD templates.

The second step is where it is not so easy.
For a beginner, it could be too complicated to re-use your saved Blu-ray DVD Architect project and swap the Blu-ray videos for DVD videos.
I would recommend you start from scratch here, however you can save the Menu Design from your existing Blu-ray project and use it for the DVD.

Open your saved Blu-ray DVDA project.
Right-click the Menu screen and select Export Menu as Theme - name it something you will remember.
Close project and then open or start new DVD project.
Go to the Themes tab (lower left corner) and select your saved Theme.
All your styling will import.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 May 2017 14:57 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScotManG

Thank you very much! Really appreciate the fast response and what you do. Thank you.
Last Edit:14 Jul 2017 13:43 by ScotManG
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.783 seconds