VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved DVD Architect with menu question?

DVD Architect with menu question? was created by garrypreston

Posted 17 Oct 2017 18:06 #1
I just followed Derek's training video 'how to make a DVD with Menus using DVD Architect Studio (Part 1&2)' which is just excellent. However I'm having a problem with the videos not being full screen width. Yes I want to know how to fix this but please read on ...thanks.

The home made DVD from which I extracted the eight video clips plays Wide Screen PAL to perfection. The only reason I am working on it is to improve the DVD Menu. However now I've got the menu the way I want it the video width is no longer wide screen. I've searched for one of Dr Zen's tutorials on this issue but cannot find same.

First I used Vegas Movie Studio 14 (Build version #105) to extract the eight video clips & audio (aspect ratio 720 x 576 (after extraction)) from the old DVD. Then I followed Derek's training videos and used the latest version of DVD Architect Studio to make the DVD with menu.

What do I need to do to get the videos to play full screen width on a wide screen TV (in Australia)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic DVD Architect with menu question?

Posted 17 Oct 2017 18:27 #2
I am just about to leave home for a few hours, will answer when I return.
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 17 Oct 2017 21:31 #3
Vegas Movie Studio settings
If your original videos are actually Widescreen from another DVD source and were made with a PAL camera,
your original video Properties should be 720x576 with a Pixel Aspect Ratio = 1.4568
To check this, right-click one of the videos and check the Properties.

If you then re-rendered these videos with Movie Studio before you imported them into DVD Architect,
make sure you rendered to the Mainconcept MPEG2 - DVD Architect PAL Widescreen video stream.

Vegas DVD Architect settings
When you open up Vegas DVD Architect, there are two important settings you need to check and set.

First, go to Options/Preferences/Preview
Set Aspect Ratio = 16:9

The second thing to check, is to make sure your DVDA Project Properties are set correctly.
Set Aspect Ratio = 16:9
Set Resolution = 720x576

Then the project desktop should look like this - which is now Widescreen
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Oct 2017 21:33 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by garrypreston on topic DVD Architect with menu question?

Posted 18 Oct 2017 00:50 #4
One thing I can't find to check is: Pixel Aspect Ratio = 1.4568
All else I checked and I believe they were and still are correct.
I even remade the project from scratch but the problem remains the same.
Attachments:

Posted 18 Oct 2017 01:04 #5
Okay, I just tried something different using one of the same videos and it worked. Previously I have been rendering all eight videos for DVD Architect wide screen. This time I used Make Movie and sent the movie direct to DVD Architect and it's wide screen as I wanted but I've got seven more videos to send ...don't know how to do that but at least I'm making headway. Learning heaps if nothing else.

Posted 18 Oct 2017 09:01 #6
You need to right-click your videos inside of Vegas Movie Studio, to see more detailed properties.
Your video should look like this when you go to Properties/Media

You also need to check your Project Properties in Movie Studio.
They should look like this:

Using the Make Movie - send to DVDA function, uses the exact same Render Output profile as the one you said you were using !
Which is this one:

When you use the Make Movie - send to DVD Architect function, it sets the Project Properties in DVD Architect for you.
Which makes me think that your problem is being caused by not setting the Project Properties in DVD Architect correctly - that is the only thing that would explain the differences.

I have already shown you in a previous reply, how to check your Project Properties in DVD Architect.
Have you done that ?
Attachments:

Posted 18 Oct 2017 11:05 #7
Okay, I'm getting closer to a solution. In Movie Studio Platinum 14 I right clicked on one of the video clips and as you'll see below the aspect ratio differs with that shown in your screen shot. How should I correct this?

Attachments:

Replied by ericlnz on topic DVD Architect with menu question?

Posted 18 Oct 2017 12:04 #8
Try clicking the Pixel Aspect Ratio dropdown list and select the correct setting of 1.4568 as Derek showed earlier.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: garrypreston

Posted 18 Oct 2017 19:09 #9
Your screen shot showing the video properties, indicates that your Original Video Clips are not in fact Widescreen 16:9, but are 4:3 Aspect Ratio instead.

You need to go way back to the very beginning and look at the video properties for the original video source, before you did a single thing.
How did you extract the videos from the original video source ?

Can you please upload a screen shot (if possible), showing a sample frame from the original DVD source ?
Can you also upload a screen shot, showing one of the extracted videos from the DVD ?
This should be a fast way of me seeing exactly what is going on.
Last Edit:18 Oct 2017 19:19 by DoctorZen

Posted 18 Oct 2017 20:42 #10
Hi Derek, The eight video clips are on a DVD which plays on our wide screen TV without black stripes down each side which I'd call wide screen. I used Movie Studio Platinum 14 to extract the video clips from the DVD and add the clips to my project Movie Studio Platinum 14. How should I change them before using them in DVD Architect?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.897 seconds